TRUST GOD ONE DAY AT A TIME! &
“PRAY WITHOUT CEASING! ”

Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of the Christ risen...Mother Teresa

BELIEVE
To believe is to know that every day is a new beginning.It is to trust that miracles happen, and dreams really do come true.To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,To know the wonder of a stardust sky and the wisdom of the man in the moon.To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,The innocence of a child’s eyes and the beauty of an aging hand,for it is through their teachings we learn to love.To believe is to find the strength and courage that lies within us.When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.To believe is to know we are not alone,That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it.To believe is to know that wonderful surprises are just waiting to happen,And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.If only we believe.
- Author Unknown

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace, that is enough for me.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Rainbow Colors of Our Lord

The soul has no rainbow if the eyes have no tears.

God's Rainbow

The scripture Ezekiel 1:28 reads,
Like the appearance of a rainbow in a cloud on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the brightness all around it. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD

Every time I see a rainbow, I see the colors of our Lord in all His creation.
The Red Rose of Our Lord's Love For Us.

The Orange Fruit of Our Lord's Spirit: Joy, Kindness, Faithfulness, Love, Self Control, Patience, Gentleness, Goodness and Peace.

The Yellow Light Of The Lord That Shines For Us.

The Green Grass That Leads Us Towards Spiritual Growth.

The Blue Water of Baptism That Cleanses Us Anew.

The Purple Flowers of Repentance and Forgiveness.

The Calming Scent of Lavender for Peace on Earth for All Mankind.

14 comments:

Grandma Faith said...

Beautiful entry on your blog. God Bless You. Take care.

My Artful Heart said...

What a neat post of what each of the colors of the rainbow represent in God's overall promise to us.

Blessings to you :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely post!

Cindy said...

Thank you for that beautiful comment you just left me. It gave me goosebumps!I love that!

The Little Miss said...

wow love it. never heard that before

xoxo
casa bella chic

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Virginia! Beautiful post! God's promise! Doesn't get much better than that!

The pictures your mom painted below are amazing! She was a talented artist! What a treasure! :) ~Rhonda

CIELO said...

Virginia, this is such an inspiring post... I wish our blogger fellow, Connie could read this... her husband Joe has a cancer that has metastasized. The doctor suggested invasive treatment but Joe refused it. Could you visit her and offer some hope.... she is not posting for now, but she reads all messages and emails.... this is her link:

http://casamarialiving.blogspot.com/

Blessings to you, sweet friend, and may you continue reflecting our Father's character by being a fresh fountain of hope, and love to the world....

Cielo

Suzanne said...

Beautiful and meaningful Blog. Rainbows are one of God's masterpieces. Love and Prayers,

Anonymous said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing... rainbows bring back some memories~

CONNIE said...

Oh, Virginia, thanks a million for stopping by at my place. You're so kind and so caring. I'm going thru a roller coaster right now with BF's situation. My bible is my constant companion along with friends' thoughts and prayers. I also look up to the sky talking to HIM to give me peace and strength. I'll always carry in my heart the lovely message you left me.

The rainbow pic on your post is just so amazing.

It's such a great pleasure meeting you.

HUGS and God Bless!
Connie

bj said...

Thanks so much for coming by my place...I love your visits.
love, bj

Strömkarlen - Vitavillan said...

Hallo!
I like your blog very much!
Take care...

MARIA said...

Dear Virginia,
I'd like to Thank You for your sweet visit and vishes.
Please, InterneTional Friends Award is for you!

Beautiful, inspiting post about our Lord rainbow.

My sincere greetings
Maria
from Poland

Misty said...

this is TRULY beautiful and uplifting...

I came to you via the pink in october website and I'm glad I did!