TRUST GOD ONE DAY AT A TIME! &
“PRAY WITHOUT CEASING! ”

Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of the Christ risen...Mother Teresa

BELIEVE
To believe is to know that every day is a new beginning.It is to trust that miracles happen, and dreams really do come true.To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,To know the wonder of a stardust sky and the wisdom of the man in the moon.To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,The innocence of a child’s eyes and the beauty of an aging hand,for it is through their teachings we learn to love.To believe is to find the strength and courage that lies within us.When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.To believe is to know we are not alone,That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it.To believe is to know that wonderful surprises are just waiting to happen,And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.If only we believe.
- Author Unknown

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace, that is enough for me.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pink Saturday! Pink Color For Men?

Thanks to Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for hosting another fun PINK SATURDAY. So go and visit her blog at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/ and all the other participants to see what's new in their wonderful PINK world.





Came across a very good article on pink fashion for men. I just can't resist to reproduce this article in this blog to share with the rest of you.














There is something very much alluring about the pinks. This could be because, psychologically pink color is known for having a calmer effect. This could be also because pink compliments almost all skin tones, unless you have more of pink tone in your skin. A man wearing something in pink exudes complete confidence, although still sensitive. It could also be a simple fact that pink is quite easy to coordinate with most of the colors present in mans wardrobe. Pinks go well with tans, navys, greys, and some other hues of blue. If you are not yet convinced with how great pink looks, women too love pink and are likely to take a second glace at a man wearing pink. If the man in your life haven’t got any pinks as yet then you might consider trying it. You can incorporate this, pink, magical color to his wardrobe in various styles.

What doyou think? Will any man in your life wear pink? I ask my husband and sons, and they said, husband( maybe),son #1 ( it depend) , son #2 ( yes.)

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Virginia.

This is a great post, and I agree that real men do wear pink. And, they look quite handsome in it.

The Little Miss said...

my husband would never wear pink! Which is a good thing for me. Hes handsome and I dont want him to look better in my favorite color then me :) hahahaha

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

I love pink shirts on a man. I do have to admit there are only certain guys that can get away with it and look good though. That is my opinion though.
Have a great Pink Saturday!
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

Woo Hoo! Thanks for such a gorgeous PINK post!

~ Gabriela ~

Anonymous said...

WOW, what a fun place to visit. The music is awesome, not to mention the men...WOOOHOOO. Don't tell my husband, but I may be back for another peek!

Grandma Faith said...

I think my husband looks very handsome in pink. The girls in his office always brag on him when he wears his pink shirt. Take care..

Betty said...

I love a man in a pink shirt. My youngest son will wear them but not my hubby or my oldest son. No way! LOL Have a wonderful pink Saturday!

Unknown said...

Now this is a wonderful idea. Gorgeous photos and pink for men is so much more acceptable today. Years ago men would never wear pink or eat quiche! Happy Pink Saturday. Karen

SmilingSally said...

My husband says, "No way!" Happy Pink Saturday!

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Hi Virginia,

Thanks for visiting my blog today and leaving such a nice comment. Love your idea for todays Pink Saturday posting. Total eye candy!! Take care and come visit again soon.

One Knit One Purl said...

Hi Virginia,

Thank you for your comment. The roses are only due to God showing us how to grow them! Each season is a new adventure!

Great pink Saturday post - I agree some men really do look good in pink.

Take care,
Susan

Nerissa Alford said...

What a good idea for a pink post! I've seen some great men's shirts with pink. I love it when I see a man's man wear pink (like my dad). I don't think my hubby will wear it though, but I wear enough for my entire family.
Thanks for visiting my blog today. Happy Pink Saturday
Nerissa

Mollie Duvall H. said...

Wow thank you for coming by! I received a blessing from coming here! I am glad to see people so passionate for Breast Cancer month as well as love for the Lord. Do you mind if I put you on my blogroll???


Mollie

Protector of Vintage said...

What a handsome, pink post this week! Take care~

Miss Rhea said...

Heck No !!! lol !! My Hubby is 6'5" and Italian !! lol It is enough that the poor man has to live in a Pink Palace with two chihuahua's !! lol !!!

Happy Pink Saturday !! :)

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Virginia, Happy Pink Saturday to you...Real Men wear PINK! :0) Several of that color in my husband's closet.

Stephanie

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Virginia!
Thanks for the warm welcome to Pink Saturday!
Yes, my husband wears a light pink dress shirt with a burgundy tie sometimes. He looks great in that color!

Hugs, Pat

Stacey said...

The pink flamingo shirt is to die for! Love it! :-) Stacey

Anonymous said...

My husband wouldn't, but I think pink looks really good on guys. :)

I'm walking in the 3-Day and our team shirts are pink camo. We got our men green camo shirts with pink writing! That's as close as I think I'll get.

Thanks for visiting my blog! Visit my other blog at:
http://our3day.com
http://laviedelaurie.com

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

I can't quit looking at the guy you started this post off with !
Just kidding !
Thanks for stopping by.

Unknown said...

Hope your PInk Sat. has been a great one. I have to agree...men look great in pink. It is a flattering color on women..so why not men?
Great post!

Katie said...

Well I have to say I don't think it much matters what that guy in the first picture is wearing, whew, he turned my cheeks pink from blushing. Bad bad girl (me I mean). Happy Pink Saturday (fanning herself)!

Jeanne said...

Virginia, what a great hunky pink post. I just love it. I like pink shirts on men, but alas, my men are not to keen on it.

Hugs, Jeanne

Joy said...

I had a picture taken years ago with my boys in pink shirts when they were young. They still give me a hard time for dressing them in that color. ;~)

Cathi said...

Hmmm, something to think about. Actually, pink is the very best color on the planet. Why can't it be a man's favorite color too?

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Happy PINK Saturday! I love this post. It really reminds me of my daddy ~ I loved being able to buy him pink shirts & he would always wear them & looked so handsome in them. I miss him lots. My DH won't wear pink!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Cindy said...

I love pink on the right man....some men look good in it and some would just look silly! I think the man would have to have to have a very tailored look...I can't imagine an husky logger wearing pink! LOL

Lara said...

I don't particularly like men wearing pink, but I know some guys (real men :) ) around me who look awsome in this colour. so maybe it's just a matter of choice and likes/dislikes :). happy pink Saturday!

Missy Wertz said...

I have gotten to go to Martha Pullen School of Sewing and Fashion Art (Heirloom Sewing Guru) a couple of times. Once she did a talk on Heirloom baby fashions. And she said at one time, pink was for boys and blue was for girls. At sometime, very early in the 1900's it got switched. I have not seen any other reasearch on the subject. But who knows? :-) There are only certain men who can get away with it. DH will not wear a pink shirt. LOL!

KatCollects said...

What a great pink post. I have seen some men wear it, some pull it off quite well, others, not so sure about. Hope your Saturday was a great one!
Kathy

Mya said...

I'll take the man in the first photo please. Just kidding one is enough. My man won't wear pink.
happy pink
-Mya

Vanessa Greenway said...

I do think that pink looks great on men. I always ask my hubby to wear it but he doesn't like that idea... oh well... xo Vanessa

Jeanie said...

VERY cool! I wish I could get Rick to wear pink -- it looks great on these guys!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Margie said...

My hubby had a *pink* dress shirt that he wore with his dark suit. He looked very handsome in it, I think I will have to go out and buy him another one! Real men definitely DO wear *pink*!

bj said...

WHOA....this is the BESTEST pink post...ever!! Loved seeing hunks in pink.tee hee....
love, bj