Cielo from the House In The Roses is hosting another “Hopeful Friday”.
Go visit Cielo at http://houseinroses.blogspot.com/ and all the participants, and join in celebrating God’s love and to read or post positive thoughts and inspirational messages.

Jesus said, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Mt 6:34 .
I stopped worrying along time ago. Maybe somewhat concerned at times, but worry, not. Jesus gave this instruction for this reasons. No amount of worry will ever change the circumstance or the outcome of any problem.
ONE DAY AT A TIME
Our lives are made up of a million moments, spent in a million different ways. Some are spent searching for love, peace, and harmony. Others are spent surviving day by day.But there is no greater moment than when we find that life, with all it's joys and sorrows, is meant to be lived one day at a time. It's in this knowledge that we discover the most wonderful truth of all.Whether we live in a forty-room mansion, surrounded by servants and wealth, or find it a struggle to manage the rent month to month, we have it within our power to be fully satisfied and live a life with true meaning.One day at a time - we have that ability, through cherishing each moment and rejoicing in each dream. We can experience each day anew, and with this fresh start we have what it takes to make all our dreams come true. Each day is new, and living one day at a time enables us to truly enjoy life and live it to the fullest. ~Author Unknown
The Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next.Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways acknowledge him,and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3, 5-6
--Reinhold Niebuhr
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways acknowledge him,and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3, 5-6


14 comments:
Beautiful words and it is so true about letting go. I am reminded this week about how important it is to work on surrendering daily and to be prepared for today. I love the words you chose for Hopeful Thursday. They are perfect.
Thank you very much for the reminders, especially for the serenity prayer, a different version though, and i like it.
I have to read it again and again.
HAPPY HOPEFUL FRIDAY.
Wonderful and inspiring words! What a beautiful blog you have!
Happy "hOpEfUl" Friday!
-Sandy Toes
so nice, thank you
Good morning, Virginia! And a happy "Hopful Friday" to you. Faith enables persons to be persons because it lets God be God.... have a wonderful weekend...
Hugs
cielo
Virginia,
Beatuiful words and scriptures you chose. We all have to Trust in the Lord and He will tarry our burdens. You have a wonderful weekends....Smiles and Hugs ~Katherinellen~
Thank you Virginia for your post. I really enjoyed it! Happy Hopeful Friday!
What a truly beautiful post. Thank you so much for the sweet reminders...
Love,
Sue
Very beautiful! Thank-you for the sentiments. I love your blog header..so pretty. You love to decorate it looks like as much as I do. cherry
Very nice post. I am so glad I stopped by. Happy Friday.
Virginia, I smiled when you wrote Beverly's name. We have been best friends for 38 years. I don't mind at all.
I love your lovely positive post today.. One day at a time works really well if you are trying to get through a hard time. We should live each day to the fullest and do something to help others. We have the power in our hearts to find goodness and happiness in others.
hugs, Jeanne
Very inspirational!
I remind myself that worrying has never solved anything.
Thanks for your comment. That is a powerful quote, and I hadn't ever heard it. Have a good weekend.
Nice words of hope for us all today.
Trusting in Him is what sees us through day to day.
Thanks for stopping by.
Post a Comment