TRUST GOD ONE DAY AT A TIME! &
“PRAY WITHOUT CEASING! ”

Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of the Christ risen...Mother Teresa

BELIEVE
To believe is to know that every day is a new beginning.It is to trust that miracles happen, and dreams really do come true.To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,To know the wonder of a stardust sky and the wisdom of the man in the moon.To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,The innocence of a child’s eyes and the beauty of an aging hand,for it is through their teachings we learn to love.To believe is to find the strength and courage that lies within us.When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.To believe is to know we are not alone,That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it.To believe is to know that wonderful surprises are just waiting to happen,And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.If only we believe.
- Author Unknown

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace, that is enough for me.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Hopeful Friday




Today is Hopeful Friday hosted by http://houseinroses.blogspot.com/ please go and visit Cielo and all the participants . Their beautiful posts will uplift and inspire you.



We are merely passengers on our ship of destiny and love is the compass that guides our journey through life. Whether it is love for another human being, a cherished goal, or a desire to find completeness and meaning to our lives bears little consequence on the necessity for following the course that love charts. Love cannot live comfortably in a vacuum. It must be allowed free reign and be given the opportunity to explore beyond the confining walls of self-protection which we construct as barriers to the ravages of life. It is the flagship of our soul and the purveyor of our most cherished dreams of a purposeful existence. Love we hide or hold back from others out of fear is love wasted. It is of no value to us when held inside but can increase in value a hundredfold when shared with another like minded individual or when directed towards a greater aspiration beyond our own selfish needs.



Love
I may speak all languages of humans and of angels.
But if I did not love others,
I would be nothing more than a noisy gong or a clanging bell.
I may have the gift of prophesy,
I may have all knowledge and understand all secrets.
And I may have faith that moved mountains.
But if I have no love for others, I would be nothing.
I may give away everything I have and give up myself to be burned.
I would gain nothing, unless I loved others.
Love is patient, love is kind,
Love never jealous, boastful, proud, or rude.
Love is not selfish or quick tempered.
Love does not keep a record of wrongs that others do.
Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil.
Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting.
Love never fails … There are faith, hope, and love.
And the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13





A new command I give you: Love one another, As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
- John 13:34-35




10 comments:

Jeanne said...

Good morning Virginia, Your post today is so true about loving one another. Without love and those who love you, life is truly meaningless.
Thank you for sharing today.

Hugs...Jeanne

Unknown said...

Virginia, thank you for stopping by and leaving such beautiful words. Your words on this beautiful post about love are so true. Thank you for posting such a meaningful post for Hopeful Friday. Karen

. said...

Blessings to you! Denise

MARIA said...

Hi Virginia,
thank you for this beautiful post as Love is beautiful.

Happy Hopeful Friday!

Anonymous said...

This was such a beautiful and inspiring post! Peace be with you.

Anonymous said...

Virginia, this is so meaningful. I'm so glad you shared it. The world would be a wonderful place if mankind could live by these words.

My Petite Maison said...

Hi Virginia,
What a beautiful post. I love the first poem, it's just lovely. It's been so nice today to visit with such lovely people that spread the word and share in their inspiration of His love.
Happy Hopeful Friday, Virginia (and happy weekend too!)
~Tracie

SweetAnnee said...

love is ALL there is
and your post is the hope we all need!!

Skoots1moM said...

very nice...
great post.

Debbie in CA : ) said...

SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL, my sweet friend. I am late in coming around for my dose of hope, but oh how it has enriched me to stop in here and read this at this precise moment. My soul thirsts for love and sharing it is the surest way of receiving it. These gently penned words of deepest heart look like they could have fallen right out of my journal -- we are kindreds, my friend. It is a joy to come and revel in the love you share. Many thanks!