TRUST GOD ONE DAY AT A TIME! &
“PRAY WITHOUT CEASING! ”

Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of the Christ risen...Mother Teresa

BELIEVE
To believe is to know that every day is a new beginning.It is to trust that miracles happen, and dreams really do come true.To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,To know the wonder of a stardust sky and the wisdom of the man in the moon.To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,The innocence of a child’s eyes and the beauty of an aging hand,for it is through their teachings we learn to love.To believe is to find the strength and courage that lies within us.When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.To believe is to know we are not alone,That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it.To believe is to know that wonderful surprises are just waiting to happen,And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.If only we believe.
- Author Unknown

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace, that is enough for me.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pink Saturday

Thanks to Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for hosting another fun Pink Saturday.
Go and visit her http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/ at all the other participants to see what's new in their wonderful pink world.


Today I’m showing some finds from my trip this past Monday to one of my favorite thrift store .I love thrift stores. Let me loose in a thrift store and I can spend hours in there. Not only do I love and appreciate the great bargains on everything from books to clothes to housewares, I also really enjoy the digging process of going through all the items available for sale. Finding an unexpected treasure amidst racks and shelves of items that was formerly loved and used by others makes me very happy.



Here’s what I brought home!





My new thing to collect are teacups!
I love English Bone China, with a floral motif of some kind. These ones I found in my local thrift store for $3.00 each. It felt and looked like it was worth much more. There are so satisfying to look at. I think of them as little floral jewels.
The plan is to have a garden tea party once I have enough cups.




I bought more thing but they are not pink. I will show the rest of my finds
on Monday. I bought really cute things. And I spent a total of $21.00.
Remember, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Pray for all affected by it.
HAVE A HAPPY PINK SATURDAY!







54 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

Your bargains are just beautiful... congrats on great finds....what fun

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

You surely have fantastic PINK china!

~ Gabriela ~

SmilingSally said...

Thanks for showing us your finds. Please come visit for my Pink Saturday offering, and then click on the book in my sidebar for a book giveaway!

Kannor och karaffer said...

Hi there,

What a nice blogg you have and you show alot of beutiful pictures.

Thanks also for remindings about breast cancer months. Do you mind if I copy your picture about it?

Please let me know!

Best regards from Sweden!
Ann

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Virgina. And, good for you for supporting the cure for cancer.

I love your great finds, and I would love to come to that tea party.

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

I collect tea cups as well ....I love both of them just beautiful....you just never know what you will find at a thrift store....some fabulous treasures are waiting for us to find....
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Vintage To Chic said...

You got a real bargain with the cups, I to collect them.
Hope you have a blesses week
Hugs,
Judy

Betty said...

I love your tea cups and that pretty china! Great finds!
Have a wonderful pink weekend!

ellen b. said...

Oh I do love your thrift store finds. Such beautiful pink patterns on all of them!!!

Missy Wertz said...

Great finds Virginia! I love them. Happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

You DID find some terrific items at the thrift store---I love shopping those spots, too! Hope your PSat. was a great one! Dana

FancyHorse said...

So many pretty pink things! I love the teacups.

May I "steal" your quotes on breast cancer?

Thank you for your visit and comment on my Hopeful Friday post. I love that quote from Joni Earikson Tada.

Anonymous said...

I'll send you my address so you can invite me to your tea party. Love your teacups. :)

Susan Hickam said...

Those are quite lovely. I love anything floral. Have a good weekend and thanks for stopping by earlier.

Kim said...

What beautiful teacups and dishes you were lucky to find at the thrift store. They are just fabulous. I love teacups myself so I love seeing teacups that others have collected.

Happy Pink Saturday!

Kim

Thru Pink Curtains said...

that was a great find. great roses bowl and plate.

Anonymous said...

Wow - beautiful china! You will have a lovely tea party with them!

Mrs. Bishop said...

I love china! I'm going to eat off mine more. Happy P.S.!

Patricia said...

I enjoy the thrift stores too. For me it is an adventure. Your last photo of the cup and saucer is just beautiful. The china looks so delicate. I hope you have a wonderful new week.
Patricia

bj said...

So glad to see you posting Pink for breast cancer awareness...great job!
I LOVE your darling little teacups and, wow, what a bargin you got them for. I, too, would like to start a collection of them.
love, bj

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

OOOooo! I can't resist pink tea cups! Happy Pink Saturday!

roseylittlethings said...

Love all the pink finds! Especially the second cup! Happy Pink saturday!

Nerissa Alford said...

Hi Virginia
Thanks for visiting my blog today. I love tea cups & saucers. Your collection of pink ones are so pretty. I can't believe you got the bone china for $3!!!
Happy PS!
Nerissa

Neabear said...

Thanks for visiting me. I love your pink post. Especially the tea cups and saucers. I have a collection also that were handed down to me from my grandmother and my godmother who were sisters. I treasure my collection now. Happy Pink Saturday!

lissy said...

Pink is the color of universal love. Pink is a quiet color. Lovers of beauty favor pink. A pink carnation means "I will never forget you".

Pink is the color of universal love. Pink is a quiet color. Lovers of beauty favor pink. A pink carnation means "I will never forget you".

Your pink details display such love!
Lisette XOXO

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh those plates and bowls just sing to my heart - so delicate and beautiful! Your banner is amazing! Nice to meet you- I'll be back to visit :-)
Colleen

Grandma Faith said...

Your china with the pink flowers is so pretty. You found wonderful treasures for a good price. That's my idea of a great time, too.

Anonymous said...

lovely pattern on those great finds! I like the first shown the best :-).
Thanks for stopping by. HPS!

Anonymous said...

lovely pattern on those great finds! I like the first shown the best :-).
Thanks for stopping by. HPS!

Debra said...

OMG I love that first tea cup set, it is spectacular.
Cheers Debra.

Life on the Edge said...

What wonderful find! I also love porcelain plates and cups, especially with pink flowers on them! I especially love that first teacup. It would have gone home with me too!

Kady

Dee Light said...

Those are fantastic. I'd say that's one great thrift store!

Jenny said...

Invite us all to your tea party! What a great "Pink " get together! hehehe

Abuela Beauty said...

Hi Virginia!!
Your finds are beautiful!!
I love that tea cups!
Happy Pink Saturday!!
Besitos desde Argentina!
Silvia

Kris said...

I love a bargain and just like you love the hunt! Great finds

Happy Pink Saturday

Kris

Sweetie said...

Your pink finds are beautiful. It must have realy been fun shopping for them.
Sweetie

Joyce said...

Hi Virginia! I am so very glad you "stopped by"~ lovely to meet you, and to find your beautiful blog~ I know I will be visiting often! Happy weekend to you...

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Your Tea Cups are very pretty! Rummaging through a thrift store, garage sale, or flea market is lots of fun. Take Care!!

Sherrie

Mya said...

Love, love the dishes. Happy pink saturday and hopeful friday to you.
Take care,
-Mya

Stephanie said...

A garden Tea Party?? That sounds marvelous!! I'll come...and I'll even bring my own cup!!!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Stephanie

Jennifer said...

Hello Happy Pink Sat.You found such pretty things thrifting this week.I love that tea cup.Thank you for visiting me and for your sweet comments.Hugs,Jen

KatCollects said...

You found some beautiful treasures. Hope your weekend is going great.
Kathy

Stacey said...

Great bargains! I miss American thrift stores. We have them, too, but I don't think they have the fun kinds of things I remember from back home. Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday! :-) Stacey

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tea cups...they are so elegant and pretty. Happy Pink Thanks for sopping by and sweet comment Katherinellen

Ed said...

Really beautiful porcelain - lovely pink roses........

Ballerina Girl said...

Love the plates and teacups!
Great bargains!
Happy weekend!
BG

Anonymous said...

These are lovely - mismatched china and a tea party - what a lovely way to spend an afternoon!

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

Virginia,

You are the winner of my Pink Saturday Giftaway!

I don't see an email here. Please email me with your mailing address.

Hugs,
Deborah

Jessica said...

Thank you Virginia for your kind words regarding my mother's china. You are so right, we don't know what tomorrow may bring. I would love to put that little poem on my sidebar, I love it.

Love your thrift store finds, too. :)

Hugs~ J.

Charlotte said...

Love all the pink stuff. Pink flowers on china tea cups are "groovy". Now there's an old term for you.

The Little Miss said...

hey, how are you doing? I hope you can join the stocking swap. Its going to be really fun!

Suzanne said...

Beautiful treasures you have found. I just started collecting teacups myself. A great start to a new collection. Enjoy collecting. Love and Prayers, Suzanne

Gone said...

Such "pretties" you have found!!! Love the roses!!!

Thanks for the visit and comment on the pink punkins!!

Gathering Hope said...

Virginia,
I want to thank you for visiting Gathering Hope and sharing your blessings with me...it touches my heart deeply.
I pray you have Joy and Peace in your life always~
For Him-
Sherry