
For years, I've dropped off clothes, books and household things I'm no longer using, to my local thrift store ,so one day I decided, to go inside and looked. And that was it, I was hooked.
Since that day on I try to visit my local thrift stores at least once a week. I've gotten tons of great deals from them, from cashmere sweaters, DVDs and Cd's, and apparel bearing the labels of Juicy Couture, Coach, Armani , Louis Vuitton and Chanel to sterling silver items, antiques, furniture, appliances and art. You'll find home decor, children's clothing and toys, linens, furniture and collectibles and of course also lots of junk.
Hunting for great stuff in thrift stores with friends or family can be a real blast. Even if you don’t find anything, you’ve spent a good time making jokes and fun of the stuff in the stores ... well, it’s not a wasted day.
This is what I recently picked up on a thrift-shopping outing last Monday.





15 comments:
i love doing this also but I always forget to go! I love the plates and the doves...and the sign to. I really need to get back into it..this weekend coming up hubby and I are gonna do a drive and go weekend of no specific plans. I do however plan on finding some neat shops to venture into.
u have the best thrift store! I want those birds! tooooo cute! Great job
Oh Virginia, I love your new treasures... Those two birdies are just adorable! They will look perfect together, or maybe one of them sitting on top of some old books with that pretty sign on the back... and by the way, that sign is also perfect for your blog, it exemplify it so well!
I know what you mean about your love for thrift stores--seriously, I visit our local thrift stores every week--sometimes every day of the week :)
May the sun shine upon you today my sweet friend...
Oh, I'm planning on taking lots of autumn pictures just for you, so you can enjoy the pretty colors of fall you don't get to see in FL. :)
Cielo
I love the birds! what great finds!!
Fabulous, fabulous finds, my dear friend! I love every one of them and it makes me want to go check out our local thrift stores!!
Thanks for that fantastic toast...I loved it...
love, bj
Hi again,
I follow your way to support the breast cancer awareness month - October. And have in mind and our heart all affected by it and also their families.
Take care!
regards,
Ann
Hi, I stumbled on to your page via Dawnie. Wanted to say Oh how beautiful it all is! Plus I LOVE the song by Rascal Flatts! It is the one my son picked out for us to dance to at his wedding.
Ok, enough reminiscing! :0) I too love Thrift Stores and all of the treasures to be found there. Like the saying goes, "One mans junk is another mans gold!" Or I should of said "Womans!" You truly did find such lovely items. Especially the "Love The Moment" picture.
Well Thank you for allowing me to visit and I will be back if that is alright. May I add you to my "Checkin" This & That Out" list? If so, Thanks. Have a blessed day.
Nana Net
http://wwwawbfam.blogspot.com/
girl, i would have snatched up that wall plaque...i love thrift stores, too! i recently got wonderful black frames for $1 each and reframed old German Hummel postcards with matting and hung in my kitchen...i love them.
i collect angels, too, and find very interesting ones for each season for the yard and for in the house.
come visit me, any time...today i'm talking about our christianity roots back into Hebraic customs.
: )
blessings!
You found some wonderful things, Viginia. We take things to the thrift store here in town but don't browse often. I think I'll start stopping now and then to see what I can see.
Thanks so much for your comment and the beautiful quote. I'm saving it!
I LOVE the thrift store..I just might have to stop in one, two or maybe three on Tuesday.
Wendy
Hello,
Love your awesome finds!
~ Gabriela ~
Hi Virginia, I wanted to send you a little logo I made specially for my "special" blogging friends, but could not find an email for you... contact me... :)
Hugs
cielo
Well, my dear you are the thrifty treasure hunter. Simply amazing to find so many beauties for so little. I love the "Moment" sign. Also found your Pink Saturday post delightful.
It's been a looong week already (and it's only Wednesday! *snicker*), but coming by to see you has given me a sweet sense of joy. Thanks for sharing the love. : )
Great finds again!
I really like the Love the Moment plaque!
Still have to figure out where these stores are close to my home....usually it really is just junk!
BG
Great finds, Virginia! It's so amazing what u can find in places like these. I love to go to my local Saver's for vintage tea cups and plates and I always find something to take home with me.
Have a lovely Sunday!
Post a Comment