TRUST GOD ONE DAY AT A TIME! &
“PRAY WITHOUT CEASING! ”

Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of the Christ risen...Mother Teresa

BELIEVE
To believe is to know that every day is a new beginning.It is to trust that miracles happen, and dreams really do come true.To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,To know the wonder of a stardust sky and the wisdom of the man in the moon.To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,The innocence of a child’s eyes and the beauty of an aging hand,for it is through their teachings we learn to love.To believe is to find the strength and courage that lies within us.When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.To believe is to know we are not alone,That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it.To believe is to know that wonderful surprises are just waiting to happen,And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.If only we believe.
- Author Unknown

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace, that is enough for me.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pink Saturday !



I just LOVE living in Naples, Florida. It's so beautiful here. Talk about "heaven on earth" -- well, this comes pretty close to me! For Pink Saturday I’m sharing some images of Naples, and some flowers grown there.






Naples pier - fisherman are fishing, the tourists watching the sunset. We have the most beautiful sunset.





Naples Beach. We also have Pink houses !





Naples, Flora





Railroad vine (Ipomoea pes-caprae)







Paneira (Chorisa speciosa)







Tropical hibiscus (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis)



Now for more fabulous Pink posts...visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound







57 comments:

Stacey said...

Naples is definitely a beautiful spot. I hail from Sarasota-Bradenton, and I miss all the pinkness of Florida! Happy Pink Saturday! :-) Stacey

MARIA said...

Really ...Heaven on Earth.
Thank you for sharing
this beauty.
Have a blessing weekend!

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Virginia.

Naples has always been a favorite place for me. It has maintained its charm even as it has grown. I have a dear friend living there.

Jeanne said...

Virginia, I love your post today. I grew up in Miami from the age of nine and we used to go to Naples when there was NOTHING but beaches and shells. What a change since then. I believe it is one of the most beautiful places in America. The Gulf is awesome. My niece lives in Punta Gorda on the water. We have boated all up and down the coast. I enjoyed the pink homes as well. Very nice Virginia.

Hugs...Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Oh what beautiful pictures! I love the wonderful flowers especially on a day like today....when its sopping out there and the coloured fall leaves have mostly dropped...
The sky...and the beach and Florida's wonderful pink homes.
Just perfect!
Have a perfect day.
Judi

gbloom studio said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Your pictures are beautiful! I have not been to Florida, but hopefully one day!
Blessing,
Gina

SmilingSally said...

Hi Neighbor! I'm just South in Pembroke Pines, and I love it too! Thanks for sharing. I have a book giveaway. See my sidebar to enter. Happy Pink Saturday!

Robyn said...

Virginia, thanks for stopping by - incredibly beautiful photos you posted! You truly live in a lovely spot. Have a fun weekend!

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

You do really live in a heavenly PINK place!
Loved your PINK post!

~ Gabriela ~

Unknown said...

When I think of FL one of the colors that comes to mind is pink! Great post!

Ed said...

Beautiful sunset, beautiful flowers. Happy Pink Saturday. Please visit Ed's Place to see my pink photo's.

Kris said...

Oh' I think I want the pink house in the second photo. Thanks for sharing all the beautiful photos posted.

Happy PS

Kris

Sherri said...

Beautiful images. Wish I was on the beach.

Kim said...

Wow! I love that pink house!! Naples is quite different than Seattle, that is for sure. What a beautiful place you live.
Happy Pink, and thanks for stopping by my pink today. :)
*smiles*
Kim

Anonymous said...

What a great place to live and what gorgeous pictures. I especially like the first one and the first pink house.

One Shabby Old House said...

Hi Virginia,
I just not got that you are a FL gal. I live in Tampa. Fl really gets prettier the further south you go. Your photos are so pretty. It reminds me that we haven't watched the sunset over the bay for awhile.
Happy Pink Sat.
Becky

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great Pink Saturday photos. Love that pink house! The flowers are beautiful! Take Care!!

Sherrie

Grandma Faith said...

Oh, your pictures are so pretty. The sunsets, the flowers, the awesome pink house...isn't it great to live in Florida? Love, Faith

~*~Patty S said...

OH SO beautiful, you DO live in an idyllic spot! We were lucky enough to head south last Feb and celebrate my husband's bday on Sanibel Island, we did not want to leave! Brightest of Blessings to you and Happy Pink Saturday!

Dawn said...

Wow! What a beautiful place! I'm looking towards snow....ugh! Thanks for stopping by, happy pink!

Vintage To Chic said...

You are correct. Beautiful place, We have so many beautiful places in our country.
Hugs,
Judy

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Naples is pretty. I love the shoreline with the pink hued sky above.
I hope you have a fabulous day and Happy PS to you !

ellen b. said...

Hi Virginia,
What beautiful skies you are treated to in Naples. I love all the pink flowers and what a hoot to have these pink houses...
Enjoy your weekend...

Neabear said...

I have been to Naples several times to visit my son when he was living there. Now he and his family live in Ft. Myers. Seeing your photos reminded me of our visits there. Our son would show us around when ever we are there. I love visiting the area and can't wait until the next time we go so we can see our precious granddaughter. Thanks for visiting my pink saturday. Happy Pink Saturday!

roseylittlethings said...

I see why you love it there, it is sooo pretty! Happy Pink saturday!

Mrs. Bishop said...

I wanna be there!

Fleur de Bee said...

Oh Goodness that sky is AMAZING!!! I am so moving!! What about the weather when it is hurricaine weather...that is my only worry but we did talk about moving to FL! I see how one could be in Heaven!

xo

Anonymous said...

I love the first pink house.
Beautiful pictures!!!
Happy Pink Saturday!

Leslie said...

Beautiful pictures! My favorites are the pink houses! Happy Pink Saturday!

One Knit One Purl said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Thank you for your comment on my blog. Naples definitely is very beautiful - you are blessed to live there. I like your music for your post.

Take care,
Susan

Betty said...

Oh! That does look like heaven! I'll have to put it on my places to visit some day!!

Patricia said...

Those houses are beautiful - Naples looks wonderful and railroad vine? I have never heard of this before - it sure is pretty. Great post. Happy Pink Saturday !
Patricia
http://theunfinishedflower.typepad.com/

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Loved your pretty pink pics.

Kim said...

I feel like I've died and gone to heaven. The beaches at sunset with the sky colored pink is so lovely. You are so lucky to be able to live where you do. Happy Pink Saturday!!

Vanessa Greenway said...

Wonderful pictures! Have a great weekend! xo Vanessa

Just A Girl said...

Naples looks beautiful!
I love the contrast of the pink houses against the blue sky.
Thanks for sharing your pink!

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful photos. The pink houses are always a treat to see and the flora and fauna are so different and exotic than what we see in the north. :o)

Anonymous said...

Naples is a very pink place! Such beautiful photos.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

KatCollects said...

The sunset is beautiful, and what a fun pink house! I hope you are having a good weekend.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks like a lovely place to live - those big old houses are amazing!

Suzie Button said...

Gorgeous! i wish I were there! Happy Pink Saturday! Suzie

Jessica said...

Gorgeous pictures! Just took my breath away. Happy Pink!

J. :)

Greg C said...

I love Naples too. Great photos.

SweetAnnee said...

I love your blog and I am taking one of your pink links to add to
my blog

Shannon @ Silver Trappings said...

Beautiful pictures for Pink Saturday. Thanks for the visit.

Shannon

Fleur de Bee said...

Thanks for the compliment! Gosh I am now reminded of how beautiful it is there and I have to walk out into an overcast day LOL! I'm moving.

I am sending your puff today, BUT you still have not told me which fabric you want on top and the color of the handle? Clear or Aqua? I know you want pink...I have ALL the colors completed now so I thought I would ask first...just email me or make a new post on my blog.

xoxo

Cindy said...

Looks like heaven on earth!

c

Anonymous said...

ahhhhh-- love those pink houses!

blessings-gail

My Artful Heart said...

Very pretty pink scenery :)

Sorry that I am so late visiting you for Pink Saturday...have a grande pink week!

Heidi Jo the Artist said...

What can I say, I love color! As you can see though it is hard to make the rounds, but I am trying when I need a break from other things, it is fun to see and read everyone’s posts.

Love your pink post, such beautiful pink houses! Happy Pink Saturday a little late!

Heidi Jo the Artist
http://swirlsofcreativity.etsy.com
http://swirlsofcreativity.blogspot.com

sweetmemorymakingmom said...

I love your pink pics!!! The like the second pink house and the sky is gorgeous. Plus I love your awwww post! Made me smile. pink hugs, Ellen

CC said...

What a wonderful Pink Saturday. Sorry I'm late, there's lots of us Pinks this week..:)
Have a wonderful week..xx

suesueb said...

love all the florida pinks-especially that hibiscus!! happy late pink week!

Anonymous said...

I had a friend who's in-laws were from the Naples area, too, and they so loved visiting there. Now I can see why---just beautiful! Happy belated PSat! dana

Charmingdesigns said...

I have never been to Florida, thanks for sharing your photos. laurie

Margie said...

Gotta love those *pink* houses!

Have a lovely day!
Margie :)

joy said...

Awrsome pictures and you have a lovely place:)