TRUST GOD ONE DAY AT A TIME! &
“PRAY WITHOUT CEASING! ”

Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of the Christ risen...Mother Teresa

BELIEVE
To believe is to know that every day is a new beginning.It is to trust that miracles happen, and dreams really do come true.To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,To know the wonder of a stardust sky and the wisdom of the man in the moon.To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,The innocence of a child’s eyes and the beauty of an aging hand,for it is through their teachings we learn to love.To believe is to find the strength and courage that lies within us.When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.To believe is to know we are not alone,That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it.To believe is to know that wonderful surprises are just waiting to happen,And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.If only we believe.
- Author Unknown

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace, that is enough for me.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Unconditional Love



Unconditional love is one of my favorite topics because it is so powerful.
Unconditional love means different things to different people. I believe it means that we love someone no matter what they do....their actions do not dictated the love we feel at any given moment. We can be angry at someone’s actions, but still love the person. I also believe that unconditional love and acceptance are different. I can love someone unconditionally, but I do not have to be accepting of behavior that would be damaging. Unconditional love if the love God has for us. God loves his children, and because he does, he corrects them when they make mistakes. We, as parents, do the same. So like God, We do not have to accept actions that people do, but we don’t love them less because of it. Unconditional love is a feeling we have for someone without limitations. I love the magic of unconditional love! I think it’s what occurs naturally when we see God reflected in others. I personally believe that we were made with a 'hole' in ourselves that can only be filled by the one who made us. Our maker loves us unconditionally, and has already forgiven anything that we could possibly do. One of the greatest steps I have started in faith is learning to "live loved".
Corinthians 13 describes GOD'S LOVE very well. It says Love suffers long and is kind ,does not envy, does not parade itself, is not puffed up, does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil, does not rejoice in inequity, but rejoices in TRUTH, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
When you give, out of the abundance of your heart, when you move from the mental frame of giving instead of getting, it is when you will realize that life is sweet,after all. When all is said and done, remember, Love Is All There Is.

                                                    Sweet Blessing,
                                                         Virginia

13 comments:

PCovi said...

I need practice.
I took a step yesterday. God blessed it.
Now for step two...*deep breath...* trying not to doubt...what He wants me to do...

Susy said...

Hi Virginia. You stopped by The Feathered Nest, so I wanted to come visit. Your blog is so soothing and calming, I feel like I've been to the spa! Now I know where to come when I need to de-tune. Blessings, SD

Tete said...

Virginia,
Love this post. Many need to know this so much. Glad you you put it up and I couldn't agree with you more.
I believe if you want to be loved, you have to love first.
If you want a friend, you have to be a friend first.
Everything you give away always comes back again, magnified.
Blessings and Hugs- Tete

Anonymous said...

Dear Virginia, I love your post this afternoon. That is one of my favorite verses that you quoted. I am so very thankful for the Lord's unconditional love. Blessings to you this new week dear friend.

Mevely317 said...

Powerful stuff here ... I'm inspired and challenged at the same time! (Does that make sense?)

A Busy Single Mom said...

Much wisdom in your post!

Caroline said...

Virginia thanks for stopping by. Everyone needs to read that post, thankfully we have the Lord that loves unconditionally. Now we need to do the same.

bj said...

Thank you for this very good lesson. I need to try HARDER...
xo bj

Anonymous said...

Unconditional love is difficult and often impossible to achieve. But didn't Paul say, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Virginia,
This is a really beautiful post...You are right--I need to live loved...wow, what a concept. THANK YOU!! and thank you for your sweet words of encouragement to others...you are a jewel.
Hugs,
Cindy

Musings of A Minister said...

So true. We all need to be more loving and understanding. Great post. (Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving encouraging words.)

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Great post! Thanks so much for sharing. I know we can never know love like God's love but we must keep striving to love unselfishly.
Have a blessed day, Annette

Unknown said...

Virginia.. perfectly said..
I love that subject too...Today , society it totally conditional on everything,,and it is nice to see someone love people without expectations..
God Bless.