TRUST GOD ONE DAY AT A TIME! &
“PRAY WITHOUT CEASING! ”

Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of the Christ risen...Mother Teresa

BELIEVE
To believe is to know that every day is a new beginning.It is to trust that miracles happen, and dreams really do come true.To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,To know the wonder of a stardust sky and the wisdom of the man in the moon.To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,The innocence of a child’s eyes and the beauty of an aging hand,for it is through their teachings we learn to love.To believe is to find the strength and courage that lies within us.When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.To believe is to know we are not alone,That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it.To believe is to know that wonderful surprises are just waiting to happen,And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.If only we believe.
- Author Unknown

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace, that is enough for me.

Friday, August 13, 2010

God ~~ Healer and Comforter


Sometimes we bury hurts and pretend they did not happen, except they can resurface every so often, or we go to visit the graveside and spend time with our hurts.Sometimes we carry our hurts with us like a big burden and so they weigh us down.They never let us be free, they affect how we relate to others.
But our awesome God is waiting to set us free from our hurts.He is able to help us work through those hurts and how they have affected our lives. It is a process, but freedom from the hurt is achievable.
We can move forward.
 

HEALED AND WHOLE:

One day I dug a little hole,
and put my hurt inside
I thought that I could just forget
I'd put it there to hide.
But that little hurt began to grow,
I covered it every day
I couldn't leave it and go on
It seemed the price I had to pay.

My joy was gone,
my heart was sad,
pain was all I knew.
My wounded soul enveloped me
Loving seemed too hard to do.
One day, while standing by my hole,
I cried to God above
And said, "If You are really there,
They say, You're a God of love!"

And just like that,
He was right there,
And just put his arms around me
He wiped away my tears,
his hurting child there was no safer place to be.
I told Him all about my hurt,
I opened up my heart
He listened to each and every word
to every sordid part.

I dug down deep and got my hurt
I brushed the dirt away
And placed it in the Master's hand
and healing came that day.
He took the blackness from my soul
and set my spirit FREE!
Something beautiful began to grow
where the hurt used to be.

And when I look at what has grown
Out of my tears and pain
I remember every day
to give my hurts to GOD
And never bury them again.

Have faith in our loving God.
There is nothing in this world
too big for our LORD

Author Unknown


                                                     
                                                           Sweet Blessings
                                                                Virginia



Visit Spiritual Sundays for more weekend blessings, hosted by Charlotte and Ginger.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post Virginia. I've never read this poem before but it is very comforting.

Yes, God is So Good.

Daughter of the KING said...

Virginia, thank you for that beautiful poem. God is good all the time!

Blessings,
Linda J

Merana Leigh said...

Oh I have LIVED this. Not even REALIZING it. I buried something that finally resurfaced 25 years later. And when it did - it was overwhelming! But, God's grace allowed me to make amends for hurting someone & leaving them living in confusion all this time as to why things happened the way they did. I'm grateful for that. And His grace also allowed me to realize I've been making mistakes all these 25 years by not dealing with things back when I should have. The healing has been wonderful & I no longer have something haunting me or the person I hurt any longer. Yes, we both now have to live with the consequences of that "burial of the hurt" from way back then, but somehow...I KNOW God's gonna make that alright too! Thank you Father!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this post. The graphics are wonderful, and the poem so encouraging! Thanks for sharing it this Spiritual Sunday.

Unknown said...

Great post Virginia..And how true.
A lot of times we think we can get around our troubles and hurts ,but infact we need to work THROUGH them, or a lot of times we will have to do a DO OVER, until we learn the lesson God put in front of us..
Thanks for the great post.
Have a blessed weekend.

Renee said...

I was reading about how deeply hidden hurts not only cause us to live a life without true freedom, but they take up precious space within us that keep us from experiencing all God has for us and the resentments we may feel from the hurts are in need of forgiveness too for our own good....I had not thought of that before. I like this post so much as it goes along with my study this week. Love the graphics too....
www.myautumnyears.blogspot.com

Saleslady371 said...

This is a great message. There is no hurt too big that Jesus can't deliver us from.

Musings of A Minister said...

Profound wisdom! Listening to the music playing in the background as I read this gave it more meaning. Thank you for posting.

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Dearest Virginia, You are so right. We tend to hang on to those hurts even though Jesus tells us," Come to me all of you who are laden and heavy burdened, and I will give you rest(Matt 11:28)
He wants us to give them over, leave them and not pick them up again... Oh when will we ever learn? I am so guilty.
Have a beautiful blessed Sabbath. CML in Australia

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Virginia. Thank you for sharing with us.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Unknown said...

Thanks Virginia .. that is a beautiful poem.. and how true...
I teach a womans bible study called
Secrets transforming life and marriage,and so much of it is so basic (do unto others) theory.. but yet its like New Stuff.. cause in today society that is like speaking greek to some people..
If my husband rolled his eyes at me like I have been know to roll my eyes at him,a time or two.. then he would be up the creek,, but as woman we thing we can get away with so much attitude..
thanks for sharing the sweet comment and the poem.. i loved it..

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Virginia,
I just popped over to say hi and have a wonderful Sunday...I am having problems with my computer, so I am typing this quickly as the laptop is getting really hot...I have no idea why! It's a mac and it's only 3 months old...wow!
Hugs & blessings,
Cindy

☺lani☺ said...

Lovely poem and I love the 2nd picture too!

Jill said...

Hi Virginia,
I came over to tell you I love the marriage poem you posted on Karen's blog (glass of sweet tea) Then when I visited I had to become a follower. I love this post as well. Thank you for sharing.
Many blessings to you!
Jill

Weezer said...

I'm not at all sure how I found your blog but I have to tell you that I absolutely love what you have here. I'm now a follower and will look forward to future posts.
Weezer
at
http://weezershaven.blogspot.com

(I just remembered how I got here. You had visited my site last weekend. Happy and blessed sunday.)

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I tried to bury stuff but the shame crippled me...until He knew I was ready....He is the gentle healer. Beautiful poem. True words

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What a beautiful poem!
God Bless,
Ginger

Ruth said...

oh what a beautiful poem! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Blessings,
Ruth

Lisa notes... said...

What a beautiful poem, Virginia. I love being reminded that nothing is too big for our God!

Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday and leaving your sweet note fort me about my mom’s Alzheimer’s. Your words mean more to me than you know. I’m really going through a time of weariness, so I’m taking to heart that God will renew my strength and hope.

Blessings!
Lisa

Cathy said...

That was really beautiful, Virginia, thank you. Blessings ~

Elizabeth Dianne said...

Yes, that is one of the main things we need to do in this Christian walk--give our hurts to God. We will become miserable and burdened down if we try to carry them ourselves. Thank you.

Joan Hall said...

This is a beautiful poem, Virginia. Thank you for sharing it with us this weekend.

Blessings,
Joan

Pat@deepintheheart said...

Thanks for sharing this sweet post. I love the poem. I've tried to handle my hurts before under my own power and it never works, but when we turn them over to God...Wow!

Anita Johnson said...

We just finished a Bible Study that dealt with hurt and forgiveness. I will share this poem with my group...the graphics were excellent also.

Mya said...

Your post is so true.

Whether it depends on the person or the circumstances, I have no idea, but sometimes we are not ready to let go. Perhaps we want to change it, or fix it, make it better, but sometimes we have to be so desperate, and come to the realization that somethings are totally out of our hands, our control before we can simply say,"God, it's yours."

Thank you for leaving a note when you visited.

Lisa said...

We have all been guilty of this. What a beautiful reminder that God heals hearts. Virginia, you always write such encouraging posts.:)

Joe Todd said...

A great post and so true

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

So beautiful, But so profound & true!
Praise Him for
His Loving kindness !
Blessings,
~Myrna

Tete said...

AWESOME!
HUGS- TETE