TRUST GOD ONE DAY AT A TIME! &
“PRAY WITHOUT CEASING! ”

Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of the Christ risen...Mother Teresa

BELIEVE
To believe is to know that every day is a new beginning.It is to trust that miracles happen, and dreams really do come true.To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,To know the wonder of a stardust sky and the wisdom of the man in the moon.To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,The innocence of a child’s eyes and the beauty of an aging hand,for it is through their teachings we learn to love.To believe is to find the strength and courage that lies within us.When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.To believe is to know we are not alone,That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it.To believe is to know that wonderful surprises are just waiting to happen,And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.If only we believe.
- Author Unknown

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace, that is enough for me.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Something For God To Do..... Prayer Box


I started to write people’s names on slips of paper and put them in to a box that I called, Something For God To Do.....I keep this Prayer Box on the window sill above my kitchen sink. It’s one of the first things I see every morning. The names inside are safe there, and I regularly look at them to remind me of why that person needs my prayers and positive thoughts. This box that contains my very own collection of people I care about and who are in need of my focused thoughts and prayer, is a reminder to, be grateful for what I have, share what I have to give, and be humbled by all of you out there who are struggling, in pain, fighting the good fight, yet still able and willing to encourage others.
I got the idea of having a prayer box when I came by this ……..
Give God All Your Problems!
To My Child,
Good morning, this is GOD.
Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help. If you encounter a situation you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFGTD (Something For God To Do) box. It will be addressed in MY TIME, not yours.
Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it nor remove it. Holding on or removal will delay the resolution of your problem. If it is a situation you think you are capable of handling, please consult me in prayer to be sure that it is the proper resolution. Because I do not sleep, nor do I slumber, there is no need for you to lose any sleep. Please rest my child.
If you need to contact me, I am only a prayer away. My prayer line is open 24 hours of your day. I love you and will always be with you wherever you may go. As with all good things, pass my message on.
Love, GOD

We all need to take this advice and give all our problems to God. Nothing is too big for him to handle.
                                                     Sweet Blessings,
                                                         Virginia

Visit Spiritual Sundays for more weekend blessings, hosted by Charlotte and Ginger.

29 comments:

Gayle said...

I love the prayer box idea. What a blessed relief it is when we truly let go and let God.

Anonymous said...

Hi Virginia, What a lovely post and a simple reminder to "give our burdens to the Lord." Blessings to you this weekend dear friend. Always so uplifting to visit here.

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea. We all need to dvelop strategies for our prayer life. It reminds me of an activity at church retreat when I was young, where we wrote down things we were worried about, put them in a box and the last night of the retreat put them in the fire as symbol of letting go, and turning them over to the Lord.

Merana Leigh said...

LOVELY idea to follow! I gotta find exactly what I know I have stored somewhere to make into my "God Box"! Enjoy your blog very much. I found you through Spiritual Sundays. I look forward to following & invite you to follw mine as well. I welcome any comments you care to share.

Blessings ~ Merana

PCovi said...

Yes we need to lay our worries at His feet and leave them there.
My mother-in-law always said she'd pick hers back up and that they'd sit in her lap and stare at her!
Your box is a great idea. You can put my name on one of those slips!

Elizabeth Dianne said...

I love the fact that you have it right in front of you in the mornings--a reminder of the most important thing we can do for people--pray! Thanks.

Musings of A Minister said...

Beautiful! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing these great words of encouragement.

Unknown said...

Virginia.. I love that post.. I need to do that too, cause I have been known to be a "hang on to it, and fix it myself" kinda girl.. and then when things get beyond my control.. then I wonder why God isnt doing his job..lol
Thanks for the reminder..
gob bless you..

Nikki (Sarah) said...

great post.Giving everything to Him....brings amazing peace...

Daughter of the KING said...

Great post, Virginia. A simple reminder but one we all need from time to time. At times, I have no problem giving the burdens to the Lord but I forget to leave them there at His feet...

Blessings,
Linda J

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Virginia, I loved this. I have a prayer list, but the box idea has my wheels turning. Thanks!!

Karen said...

What a great idea! I have a few items for God's "To Do List" already! I am always blessed by your posts! Thank you.

Renee said...

Having a visual like a prayer box is a wonderful reminder that God is handling all our concerns and worries...Great idea.....Thanks for sharing it with us here. I have a prayer journal but like this where we see it in a familiar place and can give thanks knowing God has it all under control...for us and those we lift in prayer..

www.myautumnyears.blogspot.com

☺lani☺ said...

That box is really a great reminder, thanks for sharing it with us! Have a Blessed Sunday!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Saleslady371 said...

What I like about your prayer box is the surrender I noticed in your writing about it. Truly, you give those people to God because HE can handle every situation. You are wise. Now I want one; you know how we women are....

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

What a positive post and great idea!

kayellen said...

I love your prayer box~~ I have a journal I use:))

So nice to meet you!

Have a blessed Sunday,
Kay Ellen

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I love this idea,I am so glad that you shared this today. The letter is awesome!

Anita Johnson said...

I love the prayer box, a visible reminder of God's work in our lives!

Stephani Cochran said...

Great idea! I have a large jar with the names of all my family, friends, co-workers, church members, and anyone I know I will come into contact daily. I pull a name out each day and focus on that person for prayer. I think it helps me to remember the needs of others and not get so focused on myself! Thanks for stopping by today and for sharing about your prayer box!

Mevely317 said...

I saw a collection of these prayer boxes for sale just last month ... and may have to return to adopt one; I love this concept of releasing.
Have a beautiful new week!

Mya said...

That is a great idea, and also a great place to place the box, so one of the first things you focus on in the morning is God.

Lemon Lane Studio said...

What a beautiful idea. Especially having it as a visible reminder to pray for others. Have a blessed week, Patty

Rhodema A. Cargill said...

Delightful visual reminder of God's desire for us to leave all things to Him to take care of in His time.

Lisa said...

I love this idea! Sometimes it really helps to have a visual. Great post!:)

Carolyn said...

I love the idea of a 'Prayer Box'. Somehow taking action with our prayers seems to increase our faith, and our ability to release the problems to Him. Great post.
Blessings, Carolyn

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

A wonderful idea !
Blessings,
~Myrna

Unknown said...

Hey Virigina.. thanks for stopping by and leaving sweet comments as usual..
i really liked that video you posted today.. that is a good one..
Have a great week.. and I will be in touch soon..