TRUST GOD ONE DAY AT A TIME! &
“PRAY WITHOUT CEASING! ”

Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of the Christ risen...Mother Teresa

BELIEVE
To believe is to know that every day is a new beginning.It is to trust that miracles happen, and dreams really do come true.To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,To know the wonder of a stardust sky and the wisdom of the man in the moon.To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,The innocence of a child’s eyes and the beauty of an aging hand,for it is through their teachings we learn to love.To believe is to find the strength and courage that lies within us.When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.To believe is to know we are not alone,That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it.To believe is to know that wonderful surprises are just waiting to happen,And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.If only we believe.
- Author Unknown

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace, that is enough for me.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

White Wednesday

One of my favorite ways to save money is to shop at secondhand stores. I always seem to find a new treasure! And I just found another gem last week (for $40) that I am excited about. I clean it up, painted it in a soft white, antiqued and sanded some of the edges.

And here's a picture of it in all its glory. Isn’t it pretty?
My new Three Panel Folding Screen

 



This Is my first time participating in White Wednesday.....
Go over to visit Kathleen at Faded Charm and all the others for more whites inspiration!
                                                     Sweet Blessings,
                                                           Virginia

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the screen Virginia. Just last night I was looking at screens online and none were this pretty and the price can't be beat. I love the way you sanded the raised details. I love 2nd shops too - wish you were close enough for us to visit a few together! Your room is gorgeous!

Caroline said...

Your white screen is to die for. I found one this spring that is still waiting for its makeover...in white of course!

Burlap Luxe said...

Virginia,
Thank you for visiting me, it then brought me to you! I love that screen I would snag that up for my design style as well, I see that you to love garden dome cloches, I just love all the inpiring treasured gems you can place under them.

I now follow you so I will see you soon, so you visit as well :)
xx
Dore

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Your screen is beautiful! This is my first visit coming from White Wednesday. I love your blog and your poem. It says it all.
Just became your latest follower!
Have a blessed week, Annette

Weezer said...

That's an amazing find! And I love that room! No way could I put all that white and light color in my house. What you've done there is beautiful

Rebecca said...

You got a deal on that screen-so many uses for it!

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

Wow, what a treasure and a great price too!!! ~~Sherry~~

Betty Jo said...

This was my first WW too. Your post is beautiful. Love that screen. It, and all the other furniture in your photos is beautiful. I see you're in FL. I'm in TN, soon to be in NC, but was born and lived in FL until my twenties. Thanks so much for your visit and comment at my new photo blog. ♥

Marie said...

$40 dollars for that gorgeous screen??? I'm jealous! It looks so good in your living room...perfect!!!
Stopping by from White Wed.
-marie

Sandi said...

Love it! So pretty! I also loved reading the story about the praying hands and the post with the poem on it. Wonderful !!
Blessings~

Debbie said...

How BEAUTIFUL!!! It looks great in your room! Great buy, too.
I love your blog, and your outlook on living.
Debbie@houseatthelake

Tete said...

Virginia,
Welcome to WW and I love the screen! I love the little piece on your header about believing too!
Can't wait to see the rest of your blog.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on mine.
Blessings and Hugs- Tete

Tete said...

After going through several pages of your blog, I did a post on mine about you.
Come by and check it out. More need to know about your words of wisdom and love.
Blessings to you and yours- Tete

saltbox
treasures
said...

Hi. Thanks for visiting. Love that folding screen! Hope I can find one similar.
~ Julie

JoAnne said...

Hi Virginia,
Your screen was a real find-beautiful! Thanks for visiting me. I'm new to WW too.
xoJoAnne

Donna said...

Wow! I really love your screen! I never find anything that good at thrift shores around here! The color is perfect, and I really like the wire inserts. What a find!

Karen said...

Thanks for your visit today.
Love your blog. I'll be back!!
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Vintage Market Place said...

I have always dreamed of having a lovely screen/room divider.
You found a great one.
Thanks for stopping by and saying hello.
I live for a good second shop find!
AMy

Faye said...

Love the screen! You did a great job! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous find at a great price! You did a wonderful job of painting and distressing it... it looks beautiful!
Have a great day,
~ Jo :)

Victoria said...

Oh goodness, that is gorgeous! You did a fabulous job:) I love your style.

I added myself as a follower (the fuzzy grey icon, it's supposed to be cherubs!).

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, the WHOLE room is gorgeous!!! What inspiration! Also, I have a drawing going on at my art blog if you want to enter!
Have a blessed day!
Hugs,
Cindy

PCovi said...

Oh it's wonderful!! What a nice job you did on the finish too!

I want it :)

AntiqueChase said...

Virginia~
You paid $40 for that screen? I need to go shopping with you... what a deal! Love it.

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the the to comment!!

Amy Kinser said...

Love the screen and love the little table.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Wow...what a fabulous first White Wednesday post!!! I love, love, love it!! Thank you so much for stopping by ~ looking forward to catching up on your blog!

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

Beautiful treasure! It looks great..

Marty said...

Thanks for stopping in=) Love the screen girl!!!

Lynette Killam said...

Such a deal, Virginia! That's a spectacular find..I've been looking for a screen myself and they're very rare in my neck of the woods. Love the paint job, too. Your home is just lovely!

Thanks for popping by to visit me!

J Hill Designs said...

Oh My, your blog is beautiful!! Thanks for coming by my blog and I look forward to watching your blog. I think we may both have a heart for God!! Judy

Missy @ Chateau Chic Boutique said...

Hi Virgina,
REALLY LOVING that floor screen! What a deal you got. It sure looks beautiful in your lovely home after painting and distressing it.

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog! Very nice of you!

Have a blessed weekend,
Missy

The Swedish Room said...

Hi Virginia, What a great folding screen. It looks very French you scored big. like the table in front also. Great first White Wednesday. Have a good weekend.
The Swedish Room

{Vintage Sweet Pea} said...

Virginia! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I wish I had 5 more domes just like it!! I can think of so many items to put in there! I can't seem to grab the WW button! help!!



hugs~liz

P.S. your header is AMAZing!!!!!!

Harmony said...

hi virginia, you really have nice ways to be an economical..take care.

Ormolulu said...

FABULOUS job on the screen! Thanks for visiting me in Bellingham, WA!!!

Debi

Anonymous said...

What a pretty room! The screen is just perfect in that area! I have been wanting an screen like yours for a long time- still on the hunt!

bee blessed
mary

Biljana said...

Hi Virginia!!
Thanks for visit me, I am your newest follower, I will see you soon. The room is absolutely beautiful:)
Greetings from Europe, Biljana