
What is that makes us collect things. Sometime we begin collecting by accident, somebody gave us a gift and we find ourselves continuing buying or hunting for the same kinds of items. For me it seems to be pretty dishes, teacups, rabbits, birds and hearts.



11 comments:
I love that quote by Kandinksy! And such fun to see a glimpse of your collections. :o) I'm always amazed by what grabs people's attention, the meaning behind collections. Why do we collect something? Why do we keep collection beyond one item...they are very interesting questions aren't they. Maybe the simple answer is that we love something and want to be surround by more of that, of that love of something. In recent years, books, fabric, yarn and beads are my collectors items! :o) Thanks for sharing today...and thank you for stopping by to see me! Happy Days ((HUGS))
I love how you bring out the beauty in everything and everyone you see. You bring joy and love into a world that seems to be short of it. I love you very much!
Your Loving Son
I find it so interesting to find what people enjoy collecting. I see you collect bunnies..I do too, amongst other things. At one point years ago I collected owls and that was because I was given an owl, then a project class was an owl, another owl from someone else and I was set. Although I'm still attracted to them, I no longer collect them.
Your collections are lovely.
Thank you for sharing.
Virginia, You are in the drawing girl. Good luck.
About collecting, this might make you laugh. When I was young and newly married, My mother came over to visit and she gave me a gift. She comes from a loooooong line of collectors. The gift was a little porcelain box. She told me I needed to collect something and she thought small boxes would be the perfect thing. So I collected boxes. I wasn't interested but she was! LOL Since then I have become a collector of many things. Too many things. She gave me the bug that day even though I was unwilling, the collecting began!!!
Hugs, Jeanne
I love all yor bunnies! I have almost the same *Chef* bunny in the bottom picture except mine holds a recipe. Yours are so cute!
You always share such lovely words and thoughts with us...
Love,
Sue
Love all your sparkles! Laurie
I love to collect things. I have many collections. I collect vintage linens, salt cellars, christmas ornaments, snowmen and Santa Claus. I also collect tea cups and saucers, cake plates and china.
I think it's something that makes us smile as we add that "one more" find.
Hugs,
Joanne
Hi Virgina,
You have changed your banner... very nice!
I'm a collector too! I think that I collect because I'm a more-is-great kind-a-gal! : ) If one thing is pretty then three are beautiful.
~~Liz~~
I was inspired to write a post about "collecting" after reading an article on it several months ago. But I never took it out of my draft file. Maybe I should. Love your collection of rabbits. It seems you are like me, I probably have a ton of small collections... can't stick to just one or two. :) xoxo, Joanna
Hello,
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your kind comments.
I hope you are ok. We know there is a storm in Florida.
~ Gabriela ~
Hi Virginia, Thanks for stopping by my blog and the lovely comment.
I love your magical blog and your very cute bunnies too. Hope you are safe in the storm.
Post a Comment