TRUST GOD ONE DAY AT A TIME! &
“PRAY WITHOUT CEASING! ”

Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of the Christ risen...Mother Teresa

BELIEVE
To believe is to know that every day is a new beginning.It is to trust that miracles happen, and dreams really do come true.To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,To know the wonder of a stardust sky and the wisdom of the man in the moon.To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,The innocence of a child’s eyes and the beauty of an aging hand,for it is through their teachings we learn to love.To believe is to find the strength and courage that lies within us.When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.To believe is to know we are not alone,That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it.To believe is to know that wonderful surprises are just waiting to happen,And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.If only we believe.
- Author Unknown

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace, that is enough for me.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Where do I go for answers in my daily life.


My first choice is the greatest book ever written the Bible, where I go to find answers to any problem and guidance for living a Christ like life.
It is filled with so many great stories of courage, faith and love.
But I also love quotes and small prayers, I loved reading about other peoples thoughts and ideas. There are so many wonderful quotes and prayers around to inspire and encourage us. Is like a daily exercise for our soul, I have them all over my home, I carry some in my wallet, place them inside cabinet doors and tucked then in unsuspected places.
Here are two wonderful prayers by St. Teresa of Avila, that have helped me a lot. These prayers are so simple yet meaningful. It strengthens me, removes all my fears and calms my inner most worries.

Let nothing disturb thee;
Let nothing dismay thee:
All thing pass;
God never changes.
Patience attains
All that it strives for.
He who has God
Finds he lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.

May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received,
And pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones
And allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.

And one of my favorite verses~
"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. ~ John 14:27

                                                 Love, love, and more love
                                                         Sweet Blessings,
                                                                Virginia
Visit Spiritual Sundays for more weekend blessings, hosted by Charlotte and Ginger.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Thanks for sharing. I have read other prayers by St. Teresa of Avila and they are so comforting.

Unknown said...

Virginia. I needed those quotes and prayer.. thank you.. if you go to my blog it is almost as if your post is in response to mine. So God is good (all the time) and thanks again..
love the post..see ya soon

Joan Hall said...

I too am encouraged by reading quotes and stories of others.

Thank you for sharing this lovely prayer.

Blessings,
Joan

Anonymous said...

Like the other bloggers, I needed to be reminded of these precious promises today. I believe that God has brought together a wonderful group of Christian women who care for and encourage one another and I am so thankful. Blessings to you Virginia.

Lisa said...

Virginia,
This is such a beautiful prayer. It is so encouraging and truly says it all. Thanks for great post.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

beautiful prayers and I love quotes. I use them on every blog post...

☺lani☺ said...

Thankyou for reminding us, lovely prayer! Have a Blessed Sunday!

Ruth said...

beautiful poems and verse! Thanks for sharing with us. i too love to go back to the Bible in times of doubt and questions.

Thanks for coming by and commenting on my blog. it encourages my heart.

i'm a new follower now..:)

Happy Sunday!
Ruth,
Underneath His Wrapping

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Hello dearest Virginia, Your heart is full of love and peace..God bless you, you are His joy!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What a great idea! This prayer is beautiful and the verse is perfect.Your post just gave me a great idea. I think for now on when I make my husband lunch's I will put in a daily verse. Thank-you so much for this idea.
God Bless,
Ginger

Saleslady371 said...

I'm like you...scriptures everywhere to remind me what the truth is!!

Mya said...

Such beautiful thoughts. How wonderful that there are people who can express truth's of God so simply, without fanfare, and straight from the heart. Pity those that think they do not need it.
Thank you for sharing

Renee said...

Beautiful and comforting...Just what I needed today...God bless.

Charlotte said...

Very wise sayings. Thank you for sharing them with us.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Cathy said...

Beautiful prayers and verses ~ Thanks for your sweet visit. Blessings ~

Anonymous said...

Oh how lovely! I'd never read either of those but they so encouraged me, along with the lovely and inspiring Bible verse. Thank you for a blessed Spiritual Sunday. :)

PCovi said...

I would love to snoop around in your house and discover each and every verse!
I love how you spent your 24 hours :)

Anita Johnson said...

Such a perfect post to end my day with. Thanks for leaving a comment on my Spiritual Sunday post too.

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Beautiful quotes & wonderful comforting scripture !
Blessings,
~Myrna