TRUST GOD ONE DAY AT A TIME! &
“PRAY WITHOUT CEASING! ”

Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of the Christ risen...Mother Teresa

BELIEVE
To believe is to know that every day is a new beginning.It is to trust that miracles happen, and dreams really do come true.To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,To know the wonder of a stardust sky and the wisdom of the man in the moon.To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,The innocence of a child’s eyes and the beauty of an aging hand,for it is through their teachings we learn to love.To believe is to find the strength and courage that lies within us.When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.To believe is to know we are not alone,That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it.To believe is to know that wonderful surprises are just waiting to happen,And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.If only we believe.
- Author Unknown

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace, that is enough for me.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Attitude

The older I get, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It can make our day joyful or it can ruin it. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will take for that day. We cannot change our past. We cannot change how people make us feel. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is the way we chose to behave about it . Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it. We are in charge of our attitudes.

"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe" (Philippians 2:14-15, NIV).


God often comforts us, not by changing the circumstances of our lives, but by changing our attitude toward them.
S.H.B. Masterman

                Attitudes are contagious. Are yours worth catching?
                                              Sweet Blessings,
                                                    Virginia
Visit Spiritual Sunday for more weekend blessings, hosted by Charlotte and Ginger.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Virginia, Such a beautiful post and verse. Wishing you a blessed day.

Valerie said...

Such a perfect post with a great connection this morning. I read on my friends Facebook page that someone stole her cell phone - now a days that can be like someone stealing your wallet - her response - "they must have needed it more than I did, please pray for God to bless them because of this"

Wow - that made me think how often I am way to petty in my attitude and response when little things go wrong.

So glad to be joining you all for Spiritual Sundays.
God has blessed me thru you today!

Valerie

Nikki (Sarah) said...

this is so true. good reminder.

Daughter of the KING said...

Thank you for this post! We do indeed need to remember that God has given us the right to choose. Everyday we make a choice of how we will live that day.

Blessings,
Linda J

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Virgina,
Attitude is so important...no doubt!!! Thank you for this post AND this important reminder!
Have a blessed Sunday.
Hugs,
Cindy
xoxox

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Virgina,
Attitude is so important...no doubt!!! Thank you for this post AND this important reminder!
Have a blessed Sunday.
Hugs,
Cindy
xoxox

Haelie said...

Thanks for the wonderful reminder!

Carrie said...

Great post! Attitude definitely impacts our journey, and those around us!
Have a great week!
Carrie

Saleslady371 said...

Virginia, I agree with you about the 90% - 10%. Attitude means so very much!

Joan Hall said...

I once heard Elisabeth Elliot say, "we can't always choose our circumstances, but we can choose our attitude."

Great post, Virginia.

Blessings,
Joan

Anonymous said...

This is so true. Attitude is soooo important. My mother was a wonderful example of this. She always saw the good in everybody and made the best of every bad situation she faced.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Cathy said...

Thanks for sharing those thoughts and for your visit. Thank God for His Word to guide us. Blessings ~

Anonymous said...

This post reminds me of the wonderful attitude quote by Chuck Swindoll. Here's one part of it: "I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."
Have a great week!

Lisa said...

How right you are! And isn't it miserable to be around someone with a bad attitude?

Unknown said...

Hey Virginia. I loved your post of Attitude.. It is so true.. and I to have realized that at this age I am tired of worring about every thing,.
I want to change my attitude and enjoy what God has given me.. My worring that I did for years got me no where but sick with Colitis ..
so I truly enjoyed the confirmation via your post.. I will be back again real soon.. have a god filled day