This really makes one think!!!!
A few years ago a group of salesmen went to a regional sales convention in Chicago. They had assured their wives that they would be home in plenty of time for Friday night's dinner. In their rush, with tickets and briefcases, one of these salesmen inadvertently kicked over a table which held a display of apples.
Apples flew everywhere. Without stopping or looking back, they all managed to reach the plane in time for their nearly missed boarding.
ALL BUT ONE !!!
He paused, took a deep breath, got in touch with his feelings, and experienced a twinge of compassion for the girl whose apple stand had been overturned. He told his buddies to go on without him, waved good-bye, told one of them to call his wife when they arrived at their home destination and explain his taking a later flight. Then he returned to the terminal where the apples were all over the terminal floor.
He was glad he did.
The 16 year old girl was totally blind! She was softly crying, tears running down her cheeks in frustration, and at the same time helplessly groping for her spilled produce as the crowd swirled about her, no one stopping and no one to care for her plight.
The salesman knelt on the floor with her, gathered up the apples, put them back on the table and helped organize her display. As he did this, he noticed that many of them had become battered and bruised; these he set aside in another basket.
When he had finished, he pulled out his wallet and said to the girl,"Here, please take this $40 for the damage we did. Are you okay?" She nodded through her tears. He continued on with, "I hope we
didn't spoil your day too badly."
As the salesman started to walk away, the bewildered blind girl called out to him, "Mister." He paused and turned to look back into those blind eyes. She continued, "Are you Jesus?"
He stopped in mid-stride, and he wondered. Then slowly he made his way to catch the later flight with that question burning and bouncing about in his soul: "Are you Jesus?"
Do people mistake you for Jesus? That's our destiny, is it not? To be so much like Jesus that people cannot tell the difference as we live and interact with a world that is blind to His love, life and grace.
If we claim to know Him, we should live, walk and act as He would.
Knowing Him is more than simply quoting Scripture and going to church. It's actually living the Word as life unfolds day to day.
You are the apple of His eye even though we, too, have been bruised by a fall. He stopped what He was doing and picked you and me up on a hill called Calvary and paid in full for our damaged fruit.
Let us live like we are worth the price He paid!!!!!
Sweet Blessings,
Virginia
Visit SpiritualSunday for more weekend blessings, hosted by Charlotte and Ginger.
“We cannot do great things on this Earth, only small things with great love.”
Mother Teresa




22 comments:
That was a nice example of being His hands and feet!
Wasn't Mother Teresa an excellent example for us all!!!
Hi Virginia, Thank you so much for this precious post. Blessings to you this weekend.
This is a wonderful post. We need to let the love of Christ shine through us so that others will see.
Blessings,
Joan
Great post! How often we hurry by in life! Oh, only if we could for even a moment be like Jesus...
Blessings,
Linda J
This story brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Blessings,
Charlotte
Virginia, This is such a meaningful story. I can remember people who were blind selling candy and other items in downtown Atlanta when I was at GSU. I also hope to be more Christ-like!
You are a very talented writer. Thanks for sharing this good word with us. I had a similar post this past week entitled, "Evidence that demands a verdict."
Great reminder...May we be all effective vessels, always empty, ready to be filled and be used by our Lord. God bless you sister.
Oh Virginia,
What an amazing story!!! THANK YOU so much for sharing it! It really makes one think how we go through life and how we have to be careful not to overlook people...In fact, I'm always afraid I'll do that inadvertently on the internet...Like I'll forget to post something...
This is truly beautiful....If you would like to post it for the Link Party at I Owe it All to Him, it is open thru Sunday night...I'm sure people would love to read it.
God bless you...
Hugs,
Cindy
http://Ioweitalltohim.blogspot.com
WOW! What a great story. Your last sentence was so powerful Let us live like we are worth the price He paid!!!!!
God Bless,
Ginger
Hi Virginia,
Thank you so much for coming to visit. And thank you for how you inspire others. I love the hands that are in the shape of a heart at the top of your page...they are so welcoming and you are so right--Love is all there is. I believe it's why we were put on this earth.
Hugs,
Cindy
Hoping I love like Jesus! Great post.
Thanks for that thought provoking story, Dear. Blessings ~
Oh my goodness, this is a wonderful story isn't it. Wonderful post! Thanks so much.
Great story, I wonder if people ever see His love through me. Something to think about as I plan my week. Thank you!
Hello Virginia. I loved and appreciated all you wrote here..
from the beautiful poem to the story about the blind girl with the apples...
We should live our lives displaying Jesus in all we are and do. This salesman did that by his action. Would that we all were like him.. God bless you.
I LOVE to visit this blog because LOVE truly is what we were born to manifest and give to others...
HUGS,
Cindy
xoxox
WOW!
Thank you for this! I'm going to link to it on my blog.
This is amazing!
Thank you so much for this inspiration!
This is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing it. I pray that God will keep it fresh in my mind as go about my days at home and away from home.
I love this! May we all live lives worth of HIM! Glorifying HIM in ALL we do!
Bless you!
That is such an excellent story! It reminds us that every little thing we do matters. Thanks so much for posting this!
Renee's Coffee Break sent me.
This is an excellent post, Virginia! It is Christ who first loved us even when we were sinners, so how can we not share that love with others? We are to be salt and light to a lost and dying world. As someone once put it, "You may be the only Jesus that the world ever sees!" Thank you for the great reminder!
P.S. Reneescoffebreak.blogspot.com sent me over! :D
Post a Comment