TRUST GOD ONE DAY AT A TIME! &
“PRAY WITHOUT CEASING! ”

Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of the Christ risen...Mother Teresa

BELIEVE
To believe is to know that every day is a new beginning.It is to trust that miracles happen, and dreams really do come true.To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,To know the wonder of a stardust sky and the wisdom of the man in the moon.To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,The innocence of a child’s eyes and the beauty of an aging hand,for it is through their teachings we learn to love.To believe is to find the strength and courage that lies within us.When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.To believe is to know we are not alone,That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it.To believe is to know that wonderful surprises are just waiting to happen,And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.If only we believe.
- Author Unknown

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace, that is enough for me.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

RECIPE TO LIVE BY



GREAT RECIPE to live by
Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God about what is going on in your life. Buy a lock if you have to.
When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to__________ today. I am thankful for______________'
Try to make at least three people smile each day.
Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
Forgive everyone for everything.
What other people think of you is none of your business.
GOD heals everything - but you have to ask Him.
However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!
Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for__________. Today I accomplished_________.
Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You'll be smiling before you know it.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautifully uplifting post.
Such wise advice. I hope you are enjoying your Saturday Virginia.

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Oh how I love this recipe!!!

I smiled, nodded in agreement, felt a flush of uplift, and carried a few good reminders away in my heart.

I always find JOY when I come to see you and your bloggy spot of Love. Thanks for being here when I pop in, my sweet friend.

Now, I'm off to the gardens for a bit of pruning, then back in for a spot of tea and a spell of reading; in between I'll cook and laugh with my family as we exchange hugs and celebrate life . . . The GOOD Life!

Happy Saturday to you!

Missy Wertz said...

Very good recipe! and good advice. I love your garage sale finds.

Sondra Behne' said...

Now that's what I call a recipe...thanks

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Wonderful list!
I had to re-add my links and I forgot...what is Priscila's blog again?

Jessica said...

Great post~

My Mammaw gave me a little angel that says 'too blessed to be stressed' & I just love it, I took it to work. :)

Thank you so much for coming by!

Hugs~ J

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

Thank you for always leving me sweet comments....Sorry, I am a bit late with my Pink Saturday visit....have a wonderful day...
Mo :-)

Bab's Kitchen said...

This is awsome thank you for sharing.

CIELO said...

What a beautiful post... thanks for sweet thoughts before going to sleep... Love ya!

cielo

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CIELO said...

Beautiful! May you allow the wild beauty of the invisible world to gather you,
mind you, and embrace you in belonging.
- John O'Donahoe

Hugs

Cielo

Oma aka Meme said...

very good cooking - thank you for this- I shall be trying this recipe every day-
daily blessing

hugs from Meme