TRUST GOD ONE DAY AT A TIME! &
“PRAY WITHOUT CEASING! ”

Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of the Christ risen...Mother Teresa

BELIEVE
To believe is to know that every day is a new beginning.It is to trust that miracles happen, and dreams really do come true.To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,To know the wonder of a stardust sky and the wisdom of the man in the moon.To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,The innocence of a child’s eyes and the beauty of an aging hand,for it is through their teachings we learn to love.To believe is to find the strength and courage that lies within us.When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.To believe is to know we are not alone,That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it.To believe is to know that wonderful surprises are just waiting to happen,And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.If only we believe.
- Author Unknown

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace, that is enough for me.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

PINK SATURDAY

Make your involvement in Cancer awareness an event that will not end when October does, so that one day, if not for us then for our children and grandchildren, there will be a cure for this horrible disease.
So, today I'm dedicating my Pink Saturday post to does affected by it, to their families, friends and Doctors for their love and support.





Laura Bush unveiled the White House, which is illuminated by pink lights in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month as seen from the North Lawn in Washington, DC, on October 7, 2008.







Please remember to get those checkups, mammograms, ultra-sounds and pelvic exam yearly. You are NEVER too young to be checked.






Celebrate the courage of every breast cancer survivor and supporter. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers.




Now for more fabulous Pink posts...visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound









38 comments:

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

Lovely PINK post!

~ Gabriela ~

MARIA said...

What a beautiful dedication and beautiful post!
I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

Happy Pink Saturday, dear Virginia!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such an important reminder. Happy Pink Saturday - love it, don't you?

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Virginia. I had not seen that image of the White House. What a great tribute to a worthy cause. I pray daily that we soon find a cure for all cancers.

Happy Pink Saturday.

SmilingSally said...

I peeked and I enjoyed the post below (the awww for the day). Happy Pink Saturday!

. said...

Great post. Great cause! blessings Denise

kari and kijsa said...

Beautiful!! Happy Pink Saturday!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Fleur de Bee said...

FANTASTIC Photo of the White House....I think we should all do our houses like that for Pink Saturday hee hee!

Sooo happy you enjoyed your puff! Aren't they so fun!

xoxo Molly

Glennis said...

Good for Laura Bush for doing that. Its an important reminder.

Thanks for letting us know about it. Happy Pink Saturday.

Betty said...

What a wonderful post! We lost a very dear friend to breast cancer. I know that you can never be vigilant enough. Bless you for posting this! Happy Pink Saturday!

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE the "Pink House"... FUN! Thanks for sharing... I had not seen that.
ENJOY your weekend!
Fifi

Bab's Kitchen said...

I am doing ok Virginia. My computer is not working but almost everything else has been repared or replaced. Thank you. I hope to get back on track soon I miss Hope Fridays and reading your blogs. Take Care.

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful pink post. I had no idea the White House was illuminated with pink!

Stephanie said...

Great Pink Post!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

What a great reminder!

I hadn't seen the White House lit in Pink---how lovely!

Happy PSat! dana

Suzie Button said...

I didn't know that the White House was bathed in pink for Breast Cancer Awareness! How wonderful! Happy Pink Saturday! Suzie

kayellen said...

Wonderful post:)
Nice to meet you!

Happy Pink Saturday!

kayellen

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Isn't that White House pretty in pink!!!
Got the stocking made yesterday....

Vintage To Chic said...

Wonderful post,
Hugs,
Judy

Anonymous said...

What a magnificent picture of the white house in pink lights. Laura Bush, a great first lady.

My Artful Heart said...

I have seen that pink White House image before...a very nice 'tribute'.

Thanks for visiting me today...have a grande pink week :)

Vanessa Greenway said...

Great post! The White House looks amazing with those pink lights. Have a great weekend! xo Vanessa

Debbie in CA : ) said...

I love the PINK House ... and I love our sweet First Lady and I love your loving posts, Virginia. How precious for you and Laura to remind all of us to be aware and pray. Happy Pink Saturday! : )

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

Hi Virginia! Thank you for reminding us of the importance of beating this terrible disease.

The White House looks so pretty pink!

Hugs,
Deborah

Patricia said...

I really like your tributes to Breast Cancer Awareness - the White House is stunning. Thank you for the reminders. Happy Pink Saturday.
Patricia
http://theunfinishedflower.typepad.com/

Anonymous said...

Very important reminder that cannot be said too many times.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Thank you for reminding us all- and I had not see the pink-White House one- thanks for showing us that one as well. And, yes, you are correct, n one is immune to the possibility of breast cancer!
Colleen

American Homemaker said...

That's a good reminder. I have to admit I'm a slacker when it comes to seeing a doctor.

Dawn said...

Wow the white house looks great in pink! Happy belated PS!

Jayne said...

I love the pink white house picture! I'm so glad you shared that with us - as well as the cancer awareness reminders.
Have a lovely pink week!
Blessings, Jayne

Sherri said...

so true. Happy Pink days.

Nanna said...

Happy pink saturday Virginia, great post ! thanks for stopping by!
Helen

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Great reminder. A good suggestion is to schedule a mammogram every year in your birthday month so you won't forget!

Happy Pink Weekend!


Hugs, Pat

Lara said...

the best way to use pink!

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

I loved all your pictures...the White House looks amazing...I didn't know that they did that this year...Great post...
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful posts and delications...Yes we need to keep them in prayers to those who suffer. Thanks for shring the beautiful posts...Happy Pink

Unknown said...

Great job encouraging people to be aware year-round!

CIELO said...

What a nice thing to do.... hurrah to Mrs. Bush! The White pink House looks lovely! :)

Hugs

cielo