TRUST GOD ONE DAY AT A TIME! &
“PRAY WITHOUT CEASING! ”

Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of the Christ risen...Mother Teresa

BELIEVE
To believe is to know that every day is a new beginning.It is to trust that miracles happen, and dreams really do come true.To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,To know the wonder of a stardust sky and the wisdom of the man in the moon.To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,The innocence of a child’s eyes and the beauty of an aging hand,for it is through their teachings we learn to love.To believe is to find the strength and courage that lies within us.When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.To believe is to know we are not alone,That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it.To believe is to know that wonderful surprises are just waiting to happen,And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.If only we believe.
- Author Unknown

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace, that is enough for me.

Friday, November 5, 2010

“Choose Your Attitude and Trust in Jesus"

I firmly believe that a positive attitude starts by having a strong faith in Jesus.We should thrive to have a positive attitude not because we believe in the power of positive thinking, but because we are trusting in God.. We accepts the pain or the problem we are having at the moment and then move on to embrace the good and the beauty in our lives.
















Attitude Determines Attitude

I woke up early today, excited over all I get to do before the clock strikes midnight. I have responsibilities to fulfill today. I am important. My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have.
Today I can complain because the weather is rainy or I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.
Today I can feel sad that I don't have more money or I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste.
Today I can grumble about my health or I can rejoice that I am alive.
Today I can lament over all that my parents didn't give me when I was growing up or I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.
Today I can cry because roses have thorns or I can celebrate that thorns have roses.
Today I can mourn my lack of friends or I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.
Today I can whine because I have to go to work or I can shout for joy because I have a job to do.
Today I can complain because I have to go to school or eagerly open my mind and fill it with rich new tidbits of knowledge.
Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have to do housework or I can feel honored because the Lord has provided shelter for my mind, body and soul.
Today stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped. And here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping.
What today will be like is up to me. I get to choose what kind of day I will have!
by Author Unknown
 
Trusting Jesus
Edgar P. Stites
 
Simply trusting every day,
Trusting through a stormy way;
Even when my faith is small,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.
Refrain:
Trusting as the moments fly,
Trusting as the days go by;
Trusting Him whate’er befall,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.
Brightly doth His Spirit shine
Into this poor heart of mine;
While He leads I cannot fall;
Trusting Jesus, that is all.
Singing if my way is clear,
Praying if the path be drear;
If in danger for Him call;
Trusting Jesus, that is all.
Trusting Him while life shall last,
Trusting Him till earth be past;
Till within the jasper wall,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.


Visit Spiritual Sundays for more weekend blessings, hosted by Charlotte and Ginger.
                                                 Sweet Blessings.
                                                     Virginia

26 comments:

Tete said...

Every day it up to each one of us and attitude is the lens we choose to look through- you pick your tint.
Trust- it is so all about trust. Do you trust HIM ? That's the only question I think we need to ask ourselves and then everything else will fall into place.
Hugs and blessings to you and yours- Tete

Musings of A Minister said...

I love this post. What a wonderful attitude you have. You are inspiring. I have just read down through your blog and find that every post is positive and uplifting. You have encouraged me to have a better attitude. Thank you.

Rebecca said...

Wow-that is exactly the kind of day that I had yesterday. Disappointment, shock, sadness, all kinds of emotions-but my first choice was to give it up to God who know what's best for me. It was still difficult, but I find peace in knowing that he is in control!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

awesome post...trusting at the beginning of the day makes everything go more smoothly. Have a great weekend....

Patti said...

This is a beautiful post, Virginia. But trusting isn't always easy, is it? I mean, as I've shared in my recent post, I've been battling with God about something since 1993!!!! That's 17 long years that I've not been trusting that he knows what is best. I don't think of myself as a strong-willed person...but in this case I have been.

For some of us trusting God is easier than it is for others. Not sure why that is, do you? But when we trust him, he fills our hearts with His peace.

Have a lovely Saturday.

Love,
Patti

Ruth said...

what a beautiful post. this has inspired me, i'm so glad i stopped by.

Susy said...

Those are words of wisdom Virginia and I choose to be like Him today. Blessings xo

Saleslady371 said...

A positive post from a very positive blog indeed!

Holly said...

Your blog is delightful, encouraging and uplifting.
blessings to you!
Holly

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

WOW that was absolutely love what I just read,thank-you so much.Your picture is beautiful, I have never heard that saying you have on the picture,it's I love that saying too.God Bless,
Ginger

Vintagesouthernlife said...

This is so true.Thanks for this inspiring uplifting post.
blessings, Annette

Anonymous said...

That was a lovely post and so true. Our blessings are too numerous to count.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Having an attitude of gratitude can take us a long way. Thank you for your wonderful up-lifting post.

Blessings,
Sandi

myletterstoemily said...

such beautiful and inspiring quotes.
this is the outlook our lives should
be marked by.

thank you!

Charlotte said...

Love your positive attitude, Virginia. And you're right. We should have a positive attitude because we trust in Jesus and it is not just the power of positive thinking. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh what a beautiful post...and I wanted to tell you that I love the shelf you sent to Patti--it is gorgeous! And so sweet of you!! (You are an angel!)

My faith and trust have really been put to the test this week...and guess who helped me through it all? Patti!!!
(She's an angel too!)

So, when I read your post, I thought you must have known somehow what I was going through too-AND it got resolved...(I though that every bit of my art sent to an art gallery for display had been lost--I was frantic--it went to the wrong city!)

A year's worth of work and no price tag amount could pay for that, that's for sure....but, I just got word today that it is safe and sound...so it is a blessing, indeed!!!
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Always a joy to visit you Virginia.

Cathy said...

Those are both beautiful, Virginia. Thanks for sharing them.

Renee said...

Great post, Virginia..so uplifting! I have been hearing a theme today in worship and here...trusting God...Thanks for sharing this today...God bless.
www.myautumnyears.blogspot.com

dunlizzie said...

Trusting Him whate’er befall,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing and also for stopping by my corner. God bless :)

Angel said...

Great thoughts to ponder here. Thank you for this uplifting post. God bless you and thank you for visiting my blog too!

Anita Johnson said...

Great reminders in this post....I never thought about having a positive attitude in that way before...my attitude is because of God, not because of me thinking in a positive way. Such a good point!

Anonymous said...

Amen! A biblical positive attitude is very important :-)

~Ron

Michele Williams said...

Great post! Great attitude to have.. like the one on the right side of your blog.... I choose to laugh at myself rather than cry...

Rebecca said...

I think I'm learning this more and more each day-the trials along the way-if we can look to Jesus to direct our paths-and understand that he knows what's best for us!- Thanks for such a wonderful post!

Life Everlasting said...

I have a reason for trusting Jesus. It is the future hope Jesus brings.
Reasons for trusting Jesus