Saturday, November 20, 2010
Thanksgiving
The Truth is we can make all the plans we want and busily carry them out but it is only by the grace of God that we live each moment and are able to do the things we do! This Thanksgiving remember not to ask for what we need but to give thanks for all He has given to us…..
Prayer of Thanksgiving
God of all blessings,
source of all life,
giver of all grace:
We thank you for the gift of life:
for the breath
that sustains life,
for the food of this earth
that nurtures life,
for the love of family and friends
without which there would be no life.
We thank you for the mystery of creation:
for the beauty
that the eye can see,
for the joy
that the ear may hear,
for the unknown
that we cannot behold filling the universe with wonder,
for the expanse of space
that draws us beyond the definitions of our selves.
We thank you for setting us in communities:
for families
who nurture our becoming,
for friends
who love us by choice,
for companions at work,
who share our burdens and daily tasks,
for strangers
who welcome us into their midst,
for people from other lands
who call us to grow in understanding,
for children
who lighten our moments with delight,
for the unborn,
who offer us hope for the future.
We thank you for this day:
for life
and one more day to love,
for opportunity
and one more day to work for justice and peace,
for neighbors
and one more person to love
and by whom be loved,
for your grace
and one more experience of your presence,
for your promise:
to be with us,
to be our God,
and to give salvation.
For these, and all blessings,
we give you thanks, eternal, loving God,
through Jesus Christ we pray.
Amen.
I will praise the name of God with a song,
And will magnify Him with thanksgiving.
~Psalm 69:30~
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I hope you all have a blessed day with family and friends!
Visit Spiritual Sundays for more weekend blessings, hosted by Charlotte and Ginger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



26 comments:
This is beautiful... Have a wonderful thanksgiving week ahead.
Blessings,
Ruth
Happy Thanksgiving to you!
this is really beautiful....Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you....
What a beautiful reminder that as we thank and praise the Lord, it makes our focus set on Him, instead of having our focus set on those things that make us worry!
After all, there is no problem bigger than the mighty God we serve! God bless and thank you for encouraging me! Happy Thanksgiving and praising Him with you!
Oh this is beautiful!! And I love the music too!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family...I hope that you have a wonderful day!!!
XO
Thank you, Virginia, for a beautiful post. Wishing you a lovely Thanksgiving this week.
Blessings,
Sandi
Amen, so thankful I have God in my life and that I believe. Thank you for blessing me with this wonderful post.
Happy Thanksgiving Virginia.
Virginia,
This is lovely. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Beautiful prayer of Thanksgiving. Wishing you and your family a joyful one.
Happy Thanksgiving, Virginia, to you and yours.
So many things to be thankful for! Lovely poem and beautiful picture too. God bless and Happy Thanksgiving!
What a beautiful prayer! I love it! Thanks for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving.:)
Yes, it is only by his grace that we have what we have, and that we give him thanks for.
Beautiful! Have a wonderful
Thanksgiving!
Annette
Thank-you this was such a beautiful prayer of Thanksgiving.
(Remember not to ask for what we need but to give thanks for all He has given to us)I love this!!
God Bless,
Ginger
That was a lovely sweet post. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.
Such a beautiful prayer! Yes! Let this be a time of giving thanks for all the blessings the Lord has poured out on us.
Have a Blessed Thanksgiving,
Janis
Beautiful Thanksgiving prayer Virginia, I do have so much to be thankful for, thank you for sharing.
Thank you too for coming by and for taking the time to comment.
Wishing you and your family the most blessed Thanksgiving.
Blessings,
Sue
what a lovely prayer! thank you for
sharing with us. i WILL sing!!!!
what a lovely prayer! thank you for
sharing with us. i WILL sing!!!!
What a beautiful prayer, Virginia. I hope you won't mind if I read it at our Thanksgiving dinner. Sometimes I get so choked up when I pray that the words become lost. I would love to have everyone hear this beautiful prayer of thanks!
Very nice. Happy Thanksgiving. Thanks also for stopping by my corner. God bless :)
Thank you for your kind comment on my blog the other day. Happy Thanksgiving!
Virginia.. Just wanted to stop by and say Happy THanksgiving.. I hope you and your family have a blessed day.. Enjoy it with all your heart..
He does provide graciously! A cousin who is coming today has been supporting a Haitian pastor for 20 years. I can't wait to see her and hear all about it. His name is Alix Lusma if you want to pray for his ministry.
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!
Post a Comment