TRUST GOD ONE DAY AT A TIME! &
“PRAY WITHOUT CEASING! ”

Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of the Christ risen...Mother Teresa

BELIEVE
To believe is to know that every day is a new beginning.It is to trust that miracles happen, and dreams really do come true.To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,To know the wonder of a stardust sky and the wisdom of the man in the moon.To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,The innocence of a child’s eyes and the beauty of an aging hand,for it is through their teachings we learn to love.To believe is to find the strength and courage that lies within us.When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.To believe is to know we are not alone,That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it.To believe is to know that wonderful surprises are just waiting to happen,And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.If only we believe.
- Author Unknown

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace, that is enough for me.

Friday, May 20, 2011

May Every Breath Be A Prayer


Prayer is available to us with every breath.
Breath prayer is a meditative prayer in which we pause, slow down and focus on God’s presence. The repetition allows us to ponder our words deeply, to feel it them in the core of our being. The short phrase is prayed in rhythm with ones breathing so that, in a sense, we are praying our petition or praise with the very rhythm of life. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says, “pray continually.” As our prayer becomes as natural as breathing, we may be able to pray without ceasing. Our breathing becomes a prayer. Breath prayer helps me stay connected to God all day. It soothes my heart and sings to my soul.

Here’s a simple breath prayer to try today:
As you breathe in, silently say: Your Kingdom Come
and as you breathe out, say: Your will be done
Do this as often as you remember throughout the day.
Other examples are….
“In you, Lord, I put my trust,” “Help me understand your ways, Lord,” “Lord I am yours,” and “My Lord and my God.” The idea is to pick a meaningful phrase and repeat it until it becomes a part of your being.

 Visit Spiritual Sundays for more weekend Blessings, hosted by Charlotte and Ginger.



 

21 comments:

Charlotte said...

Wonderful idea. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post Virginia. Wishing you a blessed weekend.

Patti Hanan said...

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord! Thanks for the reminder to always be in an attitude of prayer.

Joan Davis (Jo) said...

Great suggestion! Another phrase which comes to my mind as I pray continually is simply, "help me...strengthen me...enable me"! God always comes through!

Blessings, Joan

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

And to pray continually lifts you so high up.. Have a blessed day.

Anita Johnson said...

I remeber doing Rick Warren's book and he had a chapter on breath prayers...made me realize I could pray as easily as I breathe in and out...it changed my prayer life.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Thank-you for sharing this idea with us. I can use this reminder.
God Bless,
Ginger

MTJ said...

Hi Virginia,

I've never tried Breath Prayer, but throughout the course of my day, I am reminded of specific scriptures. I will try to incorporate Breath Prayer into my daily routine.

Thank you for sharing this wisdom.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

Renee said...

I have this picture too...and use breath prayer. Lately I let that go to the wayside and your post has been a good reminder to use this beautiful and helpful form of meditation once again. God bless.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

this is beautiful and I like your idea....Thanks for this Virginia....hope your weekend is great.

Shanda said...

This was so beautiful. I am going to try it. I love the peace and serenity just the phrase 'breath prayer' brings. Thank you

Pamela said...

I love this. I can see what a meaningful addition this could be to my prayer life.

Blessings,
Pamela

Carolyn said...

So beautiful!! :D

Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

Esther Joy said...

Your blog today reminds me of the song about God being the air we breathe. Also enjoyed reading your "About Me" with the importance of LOVE.

Karen said...

I love that idea. Good way to remember to put situations in God's hands and let HIM be GOD! Thank you.

Joan Hall said...

Great post Virginia. Yes, prayer should be as natural as breathing.

Blessings,
Joan

no spring chicken said...

And our goal is that our life and thoughts will become as those breath prayers. Constant communion without thinking, just as we breathe.

Beautiful communion with the lover of our souls...

Blessings, Debbie

Saleslady371 said...

Declarations are wonderful to say throughout the day! Have a great week.

michelle said...

I never thought to do this before. Thanks!

HeARTworks said...

What a great idea! It's something we can practice even when we're busy. Patsy from
HeARTworks

Anonymous said...

Love this! Thanks for the tip.