TRUST GOD ONE DAY AT A TIME! &
“PRAY WITHOUT CEASING! ”

Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of the Christ risen...Mother Teresa

BELIEVE
To believe is to know that every day is a new beginning.It is to trust that miracles happen, and dreams really do come true.To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,To know the wonder of a stardust sky and the wisdom of the man in the moon.To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,The innocence of a child’s eyes and the beauty of an aging hand,for it is through their teachings we learn to love.To believe is to find the strength and courage that lies within us.When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.To believe is to know we are not alone,That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it.To believe is to know that wonderful surprises are just waiting to happen,And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.If only we believe.
- Author Unknown

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace, that is enough for me.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Falling In Love

"To fall in love with God is the greatest romance; to seek him the greatest adventure; to find him, the greatest human achievement"
St. Augustine of Hippo

Everyone needs to fall in love with God more and more everyday. The world sure would be a better place and one way to do it is by reading the Bible. Reading the Bible is like reading love letters from Him and after awhile you are caught up in 'being loved' by Him and can't help but love him back! Falling in love is a wonderful thing .I love Jesus and I Love God, He is the light that shines my way and gives me strength. Who can separate us from the love of God.... Who can fathom the depths of His love.... Christ, the author of love who enables us to love others. Our ultimate goal is to meet Him face to face and be like Him eternally, as He promise. Yes, falling in love with God again and again is the greatest romance!
Remember, lift your cups up and let God fill it with love!!

Visit Spiritual Sundays for more weekend Blessings, hosted by Charlotte and Ginger.

17 comments:

Tete said...

Hi! There's an award for you at my place!
Hugs- Tete

Nikki (Sarah) said...

Hi Virginia...your post is pretty inspiring....falling in love with Him....love that. Have a great weekend.

Karen said...

Amen! Jesus - the lover of my soul!

Renee said...

Beautiful post about God's love for us. I also like the falling in love description...

Patti Hanan said...

This post reminds me of Song of Solomon. Yes, we are to fall deeper and deeper in love with him. We love because he first loved us.

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Hello Virginia, Yes we do, absolutely. God Bless you.

Mevely317 said...

Falling in love with Him... what lovely images and emotions this evokes!
What a heady feeling --to realize we're participants, not simply receivers!

Joan Hall said...

Great post, Virginia. I love the scripture, "no one can fathom the depths of His love."

Blessings,
Joan

Musings of A Minister said...

Great post. Short, clear, powerful message. Thank you.

Pamela said...

My cup is raised! Love your photograph and the thought it embraces.

Our pastor used Saint Augustine in his message today, too.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you completely on this subject. How can we not love Him when He has shown us such love.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Great post! There is truly no love like God's love!
Love the photo.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What a beautiful picture and post. With a beautiful post.
Blessings,
Ginger

MTJ said...

Hi Virginia,

Thank you for sharing these words that encourage us to experience the depths of God's love. For the past year, I have practiced daily bible reading and I know that God's word has changed my quality of life. I'm learning to trust Him, obey Him, and love Him.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

Judy said...

Hi Virginia,

Thank you for this wonderful post. And thanks for stopping by my blog last week. Looking forward to speaking with you again soon.

Blessings,
Judy

Unknown said...

great post.. and I can truly say that over the years.. I have learnt that even though the people in my life love me and I them,, i can truly ONLY count on my intimicy with God to get me though each day..

Miss Gracie's House said...

Beautiful post...simple but profound words.
blessings to you,
Rene