TRUST GOD ONE DAY AT A TIME! &
“PRAY WITHOUT CEASING! ”
Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of the Christ risen...Mother Teresa

BELIEVE
To believe is to know that every day is a new beginning.It is to trust that miracles happen, and dreams really do come true.To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,To know the wonder of a stardust sky and the wisdom of the man in the moon.To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,The innocence of a child’s eyes and the beauty of an aging hand,for it is through their teachings we learn to love.To believe is to find the strength and courage that lies within us.When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.To believe is to know we are not alone,That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it.To believe is to know that wonderful surprises are just waiting to happen,And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.If only we believe.
- Author Unknown

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace, that is enough for me.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Hope


Hope is a powerful thing, giving us strength at times when nothing else can. I am convinced that hope, more than any other, can change lives and provide a sense of meaning in this world. The prophet Isaiah wrote (Isaiah 40:31) “Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint” . Almost three thousand years later, it's still true. Hope is happiness, harmony, joy, and peace of mind. It is a belief that things will get better, that good will prevail.







I Shall Be Glad
by Grace Noll Crowell

If I can put new hope within the heart
Of one who has lost hope,
If I can help a brother up
Some difficult long slope
That seems too steep for tired feet to go,
If I can help him climb
In to the light upon the hill's far crest,
I shall begrudge no time
Or strength that I spend, for well I know
How great may be his need.
If I can help through any darkened hour,
I shall be glad indeed.
For I recall how often I have been
Distressed, distraught, dismayed,
And hands have reached to help, and voices called
That kept me unafraid.
If I can share this help that I have had,
God knows I shall be glad.



Ms Cromwell's poem reminds us that we all need a helping hand at times in our life. The feeling of hopefulness sometimes comes from someone helping us.



4 comments:

Mildred said...

A very uplifting post Virginia. What a lovely poem you have shared. Blessings to you this weekend.

krystyna said...

Without hope our future will be so sad.
I like this quote from Isaiah.
God is our strength.
You said it all so well in this post, Virginia!
Thanks for feeding my soul.

God bless you!

krystyna said...

And thanks for beautiful songs.
Elvis is still my fav.

freedreamadvice said...

Hi Dear Virginia ,
I don't who you are ...But You write very inspiring lines..and what you have written about True love , Believe , hope all is ABSOLUTELY TRUE..Keeps the Good Work up..Here is my blog hope you will pay a visit sometimes.
www.freedreamadvice.blogspot.com
Regards,
Kashif Ali